I love watching Hannah's imagination expand! She rarely tells me what she's going to draw before she starts (I don't think she knows!), but as she does, she talks the whole time, explaining exactly why this line is going here, or that group of dots goes there . . . "That's the rain coming from the sky," "Those are the flowers growing in the rain," "And that's the dirt for the flowers to grow in," "And those are the rain drops on the window," etc. etc. etc.

Peter has also joined the ranks of the scissor cutters! YIKES! :o) I've grown rather comfortable with a reliable 4-yr-old using scissors. A 2-yr-old with scissors is another matter entirely!!


And Sunday morning . . .
"Look Mommy! I decorated Peter . . . like a present!"
And today Hannah had her belated 4-yr-old well check! (I delayed it as long as possible since it makes NO sense to me take a perfectly healthy child into the doctor's office just to expose them to all of the germs from the sick people there!) I was so proud of her! She did a great job all-around! She was patient and sweet even during a very long wait in both the lobby and the office, and she did a fantastic job with the eye chart. (She impressed the nurse who commented that most four year olds don't have the maturity to focus long enough to read through the whole chart.)
And she was very brave for her shots. She sat still, and only cried just a very little bit for the last one which really hurt. She definitely earned her promised reward of a stop at Dunkin Donuts on the ride home! :o) (And Mommy was very glad for the super cute sticker the nurse gave her after the shots which was an excellent distraction from the sore arm.)
So, that's life in these parts!


3 comments:
Good for Hannah!
Funny, DD is our typical after-they-get-shots reward stop, too!!!
Glad it its over for another year!
Good job, Hannah!
I'm not that fond of shots myself. Especially the ones from the dentist(which I have to have too often) :-( I close my eyes for that one Hannah.
Post a Comment