Friday, July 17, 2009

Vacation Bible School!

So what really kept us busy this week? . . .

Vacation Bible School!
This was Hannah's first year in "big" VBS and she has absolutely loved it! We've been helping with VBS every year since before she was born, so it's really special to be able to see her so thoroughly enjoying it. (With two little ones we obviously can't help with as much of the planning and prep work as we used to, but they're still using some of the basic stuff we helped create before Hannah was born!)
Peter, on the other hand, would much rather have a normal week where he can spend time with Daddy in the evenings after work. This business of going to church every single night and going to the 2's & 3's class is for the birds (or penguins? It's a polar theme . . . ) Anyway, we're working with that since Chris and I are team leaders . . . Tonight's the last night, and I don't think Peter will be too sorry.

Here's Peter with a balloon hat . . .

And hanging out with Daddy during the closing time . . .
We have had fun in the car, though, practicing our Bible verses and listening to Camp Kookawacka Woods. Peter was bouncing to the "camp food" song--here's the first picture I took on the "normal" setting . . .
And here's the second one on the "action" setting. He was having fun! :o)

And here's Hannah! Like I said, she has had a blast! :o) She and I are both "blue polar bears" and Thursday evening was "Dress Like Your Team Mascot" day . . . (Yeah, 95+ deg heat is NOT conducive to dressing for an arctic theme!)

Here's the opening . . . (Hannah's the blond head sitting in the front row next to the teacher on the left end.)

And the puppets with Popsicle the Penguin. :o)

And here's Hannah coming back in after the activities for the closing. :o) Do you think she's having fun??? :o)
And one final pic of our little polar bear with the paws she made during craft time . . . :o)

Brrrr!

3 comments:

Marsel said...

Yup, I would say she has thoroughly enjoyed the week, even if her brother's not impressed!!!

Robin said...

VBS "Arctic Theme" for a 95 degree
day sounds "COOL" to me!

Peggy said...

Same VBS we're having but we will be out of town.
Hannah, I'm so glad you enjoyed it so much. Maybe in a couple of years you will like it just as much Peter.