Monday, July 20, 2009

The Conundrum

So, what do you do when Mommy and Daddy are very tired from a long week, and the kids, well . . . aren't?

You find something fun that requires very little energy . . . like making smores and paper airplanes! :o)

Yep, this was the ideal position of the day . . . :o)
And everybody knows that men like fire. :o)
And tickling is good, too!
"No, I won't smile for pictures, I won't, I won't . . . "
And paper airplanes are always fun! (Especially when they're designed by an engineer who can actually make them aerodynamic enough to fly!) (HINT: Googling "paper airplane designs" is pretty helpful, too!)
Preparing for take off . . .
The launch . . .
And retrieval . . .
Awww, thanks for the smile, Pumpkin!
And Mommy's job . . . (I happen to absolutely love Smores!)
Oooohh . . . marshmallows! On a STICK! :o)
Careful over the coals . . .
"Airplanes are actually better than Smores, Mommy, IMHO . . . "
NOPE! They don't hold a candle to properly prepared Smore! Mmmmm!
I specifically took this picture because fifteen years down the road when he's taller than me, I want to look back and remember that once upon a time, he was little.
Getting brave!
Yep, that's enough to make Mommy's heart jump in her throat! But oh how fun! :o)
Altogether a fun, low-stress evening. :o)

3 comments:

Robin said...

I love smores too!

Marsel said...

Those are some of the best times...doing a lot of 'nothing exciting' together!

Peggy said...

It's a good thing Chris is a fast runner. (seeing Hannah's foot off the swing as she is standing on it):-0