Peter actually wouldn't play in the creek for quite a while. He was helping Daddy mow the lawn. I asked him if wanted to come in the water and he adamantly shook his head and declared "Daddy." (He is saying "Mommy" and "Daddy" most of the time now, instead of "Mama" and "Dadda.") Well then.
Hannah enjoyed doing quite a bit of exploring upstream, and Peter had fun too, once he came to join us. :o)

The best spot to play is right past the little "waterfall." However, the bottom was filled with large rocks which made for very treacherous walking--especially after the sand got stirred up and the water turned brown. So, while Chris and Peter mowed and Hannah explored upstream, I worked on my own "little" project--clearing the bottom of rocks. I had to do most of it blind, since the water quickly turned murky, but I just kept at it, slowly feeling for rocks (there were plenty to choose from), and when one wiggled, I'd work at it until I could pull it out and pile it along the edge. Surprisingly, I was able to tackle about 85% of them (under water=easier to move), and then Chris came and helped with the really big ones after he finished mowing. Together, we rearranged the rocks around the edges to help dirt and water stay in their designated locations.
And here's a picture I took this morning of our final product . . . I realize it probably doesn't look a whole lot different, but trust me, it's much better! :o) (The dark spot in the middle is seaweed, not rocks.) We can safely play and wade in the middle now--it only comes up to about mid-thigh on Hannah, and there's no more rocks to throw her off balance. :o)
And, if this doesn't characterize "Like Father, Like Son," I don't know what does. Peter parked his lawn mower by the shed, then waited for Daddy as he parked his. Chris started walking back up to the house, but instead of following Daddy, Peter went back to the shed and neatly reparked his lawnmower behind Daddy's. :o) I was glad I got to see it happen. :o)
Also, for those of you who wonder about the start of a day, here's Hannah's take on the matter. "My body is awake, but my self is not waked up yet." Yep. I can empathize with that! :o)And so begins a very busy couple of weeks as we get ready for the start of school at all levels. And since I still haven't started my dress making project for Hannah, I really will be busy with that this week . . . so . . . take a deep breath, and hold on!! Here we go!

4 comments:
A creek to play in on a hot
summer day!
Spending time together and accomplishing a project, too...best of both worlds!
What a nice excuse to play in the creek all afternoon! I would have loved to join you! Love the two mowers pic...
The lawn mowers are just too cute.
Post a Comment