Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Motivation of Company

Company . . . an excellent motivator for all sorts of good general cleaning and organizational projects. :o) In my mid-week preparations for dinner with our pastor and his wife on Friday, I took a look at the dining room window and determined it needed help. (We still had the rope and flags hanging from Indepence Day!) After considering multiple ideas, I finally decided to see if I could make use of the 1/2 yard of floral fabric I had bought as a sample earlier this spring. Combining that with some fabric remnants from former curtain projects yielded the following:


It's not done yet--we need to buy a decorative brushed nickle curtain rod and I need to look at some manufactured back-tab curtains to figure out how the tabs work, but masking tape and an old curtain rod are quite acceptable for now. :o)

Oh, and here's the cutest part--I made them Thursday evening, and Friday morning when Peter went in the kitchen with Daddy, he immediately pointed out the curtains. Daddy suggested that he should "show Mommy." So Peter came to the bedroom, took my finger, and led me to the dining room to show me his discovery. :o) I asked him if he liked them, and he simply smiled and said, "Uh-huh." :o) Now that's what I call success! :o)

P.S. - When the Lord fixes something, He really fixes it. Oh me of little faith--I fully expected that I'd need to take my sewing machine in for repairs to get it to sew evenly. I thought Saturday evening's blessing was just a one-time blessing to help me get over the hump in finishing Hannah's dress. It never crossed my mind that whatever change took place between last Saturday afternoon and evening would be permament. However, my machine continues to sew beautifully even stitches! Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

JR said...

Nice curtains! You don't even know that they're being held up/together with masking tape! :)

Robin said...

Nice!

Marsel said...

Pretty! (and great ingenuity for hanging them, too!)