Sunday, August 2, 2009

So what about those coupons?

A few months ago I blogged about my initial ventures into the world of couponing . . . let's just say that things have significantly improved! :o) The Lord has blessed and helped, my grocery budget is (slowly) coming down, and I'm having fun! (I love a good deal!)

I've gotten lots of good deals by combining Buy-1-Get-1 sales with coupons--those are becoming so common now, they're hardly worth mentioning. However, the picture above documents some of my more exceptional deals from the last month. Guess how much I spent on the above items . . .

$9.34
Yep! That's it! :o)
Now that's worth writing home about. :o)
For those who are thinking I must be doing something illegal, here's the details on a couple of the best deals (if you're interested):
  • The two sticks of deodorant were 18 cents each (on sale for $1.78 minus a tripled 50 cent coupon)
  • The Velveeta Mac & Cheese were 24 cents each (B1G1 for $1.48 minus $1 off 2 coupon), plus there was a coupon on the box of Mac & Cheese for a free bottle of Kraft BBQ sauce when you bought two boxes of Mac & Cheese . . . :o)
  • Yellow French's Mustard - 28 cents ($1.78 minus a tripled 50 cent coupon) - plus there was a coupon for a free bottle of French's Brown Mustard when you bought the yellow mustard
  • The Ragu sauce averaged 70 cents each (B1GI for $1.88 minus various $1 off 2 and 60 cents off 2 coupons).
  • And so and so forth.

Anyway, I'm having fun! And in response to my previous post . . .

Yes. There is a DEFINITE learning curve to coupons, and I think I'm finally humping it! :o)

5 comments:

Marsel said...

Fun, isn't it?!

I noticed you've been reading Spend Freely now, too! :)

cj and family said...

Yep...I just meant to say thank you the other day--didn't expect it to become a full article! Ah well! Only a very few people know who "cjandfamily" is. :o)

Joanna said...

This is amazing to me!!! What store will triple a coupon? I shop at Walmart for the majority of my shopping, but they won't even double a coupon. What's your secret? :)

cj and family said...

I've been clipping coupons for about 3 months now, so I've gotten a pretty good stash, and I read blogs like "SpendFreely" and others which tell you how to match up coupons and sales for local stores to get really good deals. Many grocery stores will double coupons 50 cents and less, but the triple coupons was just for one week of special advertising. :o)

Peggy said...

Triple coupons!!!! I'll have to mention this to Barbi. Though if it's at Wal-Mart, we don't have a super Wal-Mart nearby.