It has been a very long day, but praise the Lord, the mission is accomplished, and Hannah's dress is finished! :o)
1. Sewing the second sleeve is 10x easier than sewing the first sleeve.
2. It will be worth the investment to have a professional cleaning/tune up of my machine so that it will sew even stitches. (It's on its second generation of school clothes!) :o)
3. The Lord cares about little things. I worked all morning and afternoon and by dinner I had one sleeve left to sew on and the hemming. I was exhausted though. Not only has it been a very long time since I've sewed clothing, but my machine was being very cranky--it refused to sew even stitches. After dinner, we attended an icecream social at church. We returned refreshed, and after the kids went to bed, Chris volunteered to do one of my yet undone normal Saturday chores so that I could sew the last sleeve. Not only was it MUCH easier sewing my second sleeve than the first sleeve, but my machine sewed even stitches. That may not seem like a huge deal to you, but it was to me. The difference between before dinner and after was profound. Maybe the Lord commissioned an angel repair service, I'm not sure, but I was so thankful and so very encouraged! Encouraged enough to plug on and it's now ready for tomorrow morning! (A late night bathroom trip gave me an opportunity to have her try it on, and that's when I modified the pattern to include the ribbon--it was quite a bit too big without it.)
Anyway, just wanted to share my blessing. :o)
.jpg)

5 comments:
Jenny, the dress looks great!
Cute, cute! You have inspired me...now I just need to have a little girl to sew clothes for. :)
Hooray! It's beautiful!
Congratulations Jenny. It won't seem nearly so long or complicated the next time. It looks very cute.
Jenny great job. What a great story. God's little miracles are so wonderful and amazing. I've been thinking lately that I must miss out on a lot of them. I get so self sufficient. Or move quickly b/c of impatience. Thanks for the story. I love you all so much. Your kiddos just get more adorable all the time. We miss all of you. Josiah still talks about Hannah and Peter. He misses his friends too.
Post a Comment