Sunday, September 6, 2009

1st Cookies

Hannah and I made cookies on Saturday morning. She noted that it's the first time doing so in our new house, and I think she's right. So we took a picture to document the event. :o)

However, I must also note that I cheated. We used a mix I had picked up on sale and with coupons for 69 cents. It's the first time I've ever used a mix for cookies--although I use them regularly for brownies, and occasionally cakes or muffings. Definitely does not compare to "from scratch." However, they're not bad. And it makes a whole lot less mess while still making for a fun "Mommy-daughter" time! :o) So, for 69 cents, I call it a win. :o) Clip a coupon and try it for yourself. :o)


This is not a paid commercial advertisement. :o)

PS - Some of my impression of the results of this particular mix might be influenced by the fact that I'm a firm believer in using butterscotch chips in my oatmeal cookies--not chocolate chip. :o)

4 comments:

Robin said...

How sweet!

Marsel said...

Always fun to bake together!

Jen said...

I'm just getting into "couponing." I've subscribed to a bunch of blogs for different tips and good deals. It's been fun learning. :)

Peggy said...

Amen to the butterscotch in oatmeal cookies. That's the ONLY way to eat oatmeal cookies. :-)