Sink disappears.
Hmmm, . . .
At least I don't have to feel guilty about the filthy floor under the vanity! :o)
Pulling up the vinyl . . . and you can see the toilet drain in the back. Gross.
Floor gone. So far so good.
Removed some ceiling from the downstairs bath so we could access the pipes. Yep. Water damage.
Decided to replace cast iron pipe with PVC. Down with the wall.
Very big mess with lots of dust.
Mission accomplished!
And that's about where we're at. Chris ran into trouble soldering a water line which kind of slowed things up a bit Saturday evening, but before he went to bed (very late), he had the toilet reseated and functioning in the basement. In the next couple days he'll be repairing the water damage in the floor, installing the flooring, installing the new pipes, etc. Grandpa and Great Grandpa will probably get to help with reinstalling the vanity/sink and other myriad of finishing details. It's so nice to have reinforcements coming!!! :o) PS - For those who are really interested in the details of this thing, due to the damage in the floor, we're going to be sliding the toilet a bit to the right which will also give us room to install a slightly larger vanity. Blessings! :o)

5 comments:
Oh, good grief...!
What a project! In the end, you'll
have two new bathrooms.
Well, I did say to save a couple of projects for when we came down. Little did I know that was going to mean two new bathrooms!! But it will look so nice when finished.
I have one bathroom tore up now-I can relate to the surprise factor! Sure will look nice when it is finished!
Well, I didn't have to tear down any brick walls, but I know the feeling. My bathroom was a wreck. Don't worry though...in time, this too shall pass!
Post a Comment