Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow! . . . REAL Snow!

March most definitely came roaring in like a lion! We have real, honest-to-goodness snow! Yeah! And since the roads are absolutely treacherous and the police are asking everyone to stay off unless it's an absolute emergency, we'll actually get to enjoy it! :o)


Snowplow appreciation for you northerners . . . it's solid black ice on the roads due to three days of rain preceding the snow and very cold overnight temps.
My pansies are bravely trying to perk their heads up . . .

Our rain puddle has iced . . .

Grlled hamburgers, anyone? So much for my idea last night as I was contemplating a way to make hot food for my family without power. We lost power around 3:30 yesterday afternoon. Thankfully it came back on around 5:30 this morning! :o) Lots of blankets last night . . .

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Peggy said...

How many snowballs did the kids make? Any snowmen?
And yes, us northerners did smirk just a tiny bit at how much snow you got, but the black ice is no fun whatsoever, so take care.

P.S. Saw on the news about the 30 mile back-up on I85 near Spartanburg!! Glad we weren't on our way down.

Delighted Hands said...

How fun for the kids! Glad you got to share snow with them.

Robin said...

I don't see frosty the snowman?

Marsel said...

I'm so jealous! We only got some in the air. :(

Glad you got to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I second Marsel's note. I'm jealous! It went ALL around us, but we didn't get any!