As we prepared to go over after dinner Monday evening, we suddenly realized that there was a whole bunch of stuff to take over just for cleaning and such that we hadn't thought about beforehand!
Monday was very rainy, but that deterred no one! :o)
I suddenly realized that I will probably be doing a LOT more laundry! :o)
My wonderful husband immediately launched into the rather ungainly bushes, rain and all!
I've been cleaning . . . bathrooms, kitchen counters, floors, etc. :o)
The kids have been having a blast just running around--with no furniture or other stuff there's almost nothing off limits--a child's paradise! :o) And yes, we brought jammies over so that they could change before we left and go straight to bed when we got home. So much for schedules! :o)
Tuesday was dry and beautiful, so we got to do a bit more outside. Chris replaced bulbs in the outside lights, and I worked on cleaning out a few of the flower beds. Once the sun went down, we went inside where Chris cleaned the basement and installed some lights while I vacuumed all of the carpets and cleaned the downstairs bathroom which had not seen the underside of a papertowel in a VERY long time. Eeek. I'll try to get a few more pictures, especially as we get beyond cleaning to painting. :o) We're definitely looking forward to having some reinforcements join us in the next few weeks. Just a couple extra blessings though . . .
1. We found a white side-by-side fridge, 2 years old, on Craig's List for less than we paid for our top-bottom fridge 4 years ago!
2. We found a nice pedastal sink to replace the rather nasty one in the downstairs bathroom for less than you'd pay for a dinner for two!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

5 comments:
Lots of room in the yard for
Hannah & Peter to play in!
So exciting, congratulations again! I'd love to visit you sometime, our kids would love to play in your big old yard and David could teach Peter all sorts of useful big-boy things!
(Don't worry, it'll be a while before we come up, so you'll have time to settle in before I officially invite myself to visit.) :)
PS -- Are you sad to be leaving your newly-redone kitchen and starting over again? or is everything else a good enough trade-off?! :)
Yay!! Thanks for sharing some pictures. I understand not having time to take pictures...you've been busy! We're looking forward to coming down there as "reinforcements" :)
Craigslist is a great place to find good deals! We've found a few for our house too!
Post a Comment