I love being a mom! It's so incredible to watch your children learn. Hannah has a definite interest in letters and words, so I've started unofficially helping her learn to read. I'm sure I'm breaking all the rules of how you're "supposed" to do it, but that's okay. We're both having fun! :o) Lately we've been working on sounds and recognizing and spelling simple words. Well, the other afternoon she was playing with her magnet letters and spelling different words like "cat" and "hat," etc. I was multi-tasking with the laundry pile, and when I returned she had obtained the Eucerin out of the bathroom cabinet and spelled out "lotion" by copying it off of the container. I realize that copying a word isn't overly impressive, but considering that I've never told her that L-O-T-I-O-N spells "lotion," I was rather amazed to have her tell me that she had spelled "lotion." And for the record, "lotion" is a very non-prominent word on the Eucerin bottle! :o)
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Words!
I love being a mom! It's so incredible to watch your children learn. Hannah has a definite interest in letters and words, so I've started unofficially helping her learn to read. I'm sure I'm breaking all the rules of how you're "supposed" to do it, but that's okay. We're both having fun! :o) Lately we've been working on sounds and recognizing and spelling simple words. Well, the other afternoon she was playing with her magnet letters and spelling different words like "cat" and "hat," etc. I was multi-tasking with the laundry pile, and when I returned she had obtained the Eucerin out of the bathroom cabinet and spelled out "lotion" by copying it off of the container. I realize that copying a word isn't overly impressive, but considering that I've never told her that L-O-T-I-O-N spells "lotion," I was rather amazed to have her tell me that she had spelled "lotion." And for the record, "lotion" is a very non-prominent word on the Eucerin bottle! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good job Hannah!
Go, Hannah, go! Jenny, you're right to be excited -- keep encouraging her and and then hang on for the ride!
Post a Comment