Sunday, September 25, 2016

365Project.2016 | Week 38

Welcome back! I would just like to observe that I have blogged 4 weeks in a row. Four. Weeks. In. A. Row. This is exciting, folks! And SO much more fun! ♥ 

Day 263. Matthew lost his second tooth this week ... with significantly more drama than the first. Think tickle fight, bumped mouth, lots of blood. You get the idea. ;) It took us quite a little while to calm down enough to capture footage of the event ...
The kids received their Kiwi Crates this week ... Matthew's was a Spy Kit. I cannot even tell you how perfect it was for him. It's been secret codes and invisible ink for the entire rest of the week. :)
Day 264. Tuesday. Tuesday shall live in infamy. That was the day I ignored common sense and did everything I (thought I) *needed* to do regardless of the fact that it was really a good bit more than any one person should undertake in a day. So on top of homeschooling and mothering, I added in Freezer Meal Prep. Now, this is a good thing. It really, truly is. It keeps me sane and saves me boatloads of time throughout the month.
 However. Tuesday also happens to be our homeschool group day.
 So, we squeezed in a few meals before lunch and a few meals later on ...
 And by the time the day was done, I'd prepped 18 meals (6 recipes x 3 meals each).
But, the real adventure lay in the fact that our dishwasher is non-functional. And Chris was working night-shift. SO ... after I got the kids to bed, I got to tackle my kitchen which had been piling up all day ...
And thus the day ended ... as the next day was beginning ... 
 Day 265. And Wednesday happened to be a very fun day in which we went on a field trip with our homeschooling friends! :)
 We visited Fort Stanwix and Oriskany Battelfield.
 We learned a lot and had a great time! :)
We learned how they prepared a cannon to fire ... 
 
 And the kids participated in a bucket brigade. :)
 
 
We learned that Oriskany was the site of one of the bloodiest battles of the Revolution. It was a sobering, but good day.
 
Day 266. Matthew's been working on this school bus for about 2 years! Wheels were the new addition this week. :)
 Day 267. Daddy and Peter spent most of the weekend in the utility room installing our new water filtration system and water softener.
 So while they were working, Mommy hung out with our littler people. ♥
 Day 268. It was so sweet watching Abby feed her bunny! ♥
 
 Day 269. And then this morning she was having so much fun playing in her kitchen! She's been preparing plates of food and bringing them to the table for us on a very regular basis. :)
 
 
 One-by-one she sprinkled her bowl with salad dressing, milk, yogurt, cheese, OJ ...
And then very, very special for today ... Hannah-bug played her flute for the first time at church. ♥ So thankful for the gift she's developing! ♥
And that was our week! A bit of this, a bit of that. Thanks so much for joining us!


1 comment:

Robin said...

Hannah, you did a beautiful job playing your flute!
We were blessed:)

Matthew, love your smile:)

Peter, you are such a big helper, learning well
from your dad :)

Abby, love your smiles too:)