Sunday, September 18, 2016

365Project.2016 | Week 37

Hee-hee! I can work around technology quirks! :) I used to be able to pick whichever photo from my blogpost that I wanted to highlight when I shared it to Facebook. No longer. Only the first one shows. So, I've decided that I'm just going to pick my favorite from the week and stick it at the top of my post. So there. :)

We were fighting end of summer colds with all guns blazing this week, but I'm thankful to report that we were overwhelmingly successful. All things considered. :) In the midst of some sniffles and coughs, we had quite a lot of fun ... so here it be. :)

Day 255. I'm so thankful for the emphasis our church puts on children. ♥  Our crew enjoyed participating in the summer reading program which was geared to be accessible to strong readers, new readers, and non-readers. ♥
Day 256. The weather this week was absolutely beautiful. Seriously. Can it not be 70* and sunny all. year. long!?!?!
While the boys romped around the yard on their bicycles, this little lady and I played in the sunshine.
 She brought mama presents ...
 
 And we played peek-a-boo. ♥
It's so exciting to see Matthew getting stronger on his bike! He's plucky and pretty much determined to follow in his big brother's wheel tracks. ♥
 
 
Day 257. We enjoyed our 2nd week of homeschool group for the year ... thankful for a great group of like-minded families to meet with.
And would you believe we have a pair of Albino deer in the area???? This is the second time we've seen them wandering past the cornfield!
 Day 258. Super excited for this young man! He's my dyslexic learner, and things which come easily to his sister require significantly more effort for him. But, he's been making great strides, and it's exciting to see things clicking! (And when he grows discouraged, I remind him that the same mind which makes it harder for him to read and spell has given him an extraordinary ability to build and create ... complex stuff that Mommy can barely understand, much less build!)
Those sniffles turned into a cough for this lady Wednesday afternoon. She just wasn't feeling good! :( Thankfully I was able to find a combination of essential oils which we called "Gunk Buster" to knock it out quickly. ♥
Day 259. Matthew lost his first tooth!!! (And another is very soon to follow!) At 6-1/2, he held on to his baby teeth longer than either of his older siblings.
 Day 260. Tents have grown significantly more sophisticated over the years. :)
 Day 261. Daddy made progress on our new water filter system ...
 And Peter did this about 50 times over ...
 To build a really long rope ladder!!!
Such a cool project!
And it's going to enable the kids to get into a large tree farther back on our property that doesn't have climbing branches low enough to the ground.
 Daddy did a weight check. :)
 And while Hannah went to the fair with a friend, the boys decided to bike up the hill.
 Simply for the fun of coming down. :)
 
 
 Day 262. And today, our faithful van crossed 150k. She's still going strong, and we're thankful!
Thanks for popping in! :)

No comments: