Be forewarned. They're addictive.
As I mentioned earlier, this was so simple it really doesn't qualify as a recipe. It's not the least bit healthy. But it's really. really. yummy. :) And it'd make an excellent contribution to an office party or church potluck, and tied up in a baggy with a ribbon, it could even be a nice last-minute hostess gift.
Sorry to have only the one picture, though. Had I had any inkling they'd be as a good as they were and I'd want to share my "recipe," I would have taken pictures of each step. But I was just hoping to have something edible after trying unsuccessfully to "find" a recipe. :) I should have known you really can't go wrong with pretzels and chocolate.
- Pretzel Rods, about 2-dozen (I had a bunch left over from Christmas that needed to be used up before they went completely stale.)
- White Chocolate Bark, about 3–4 2-oz. blocks
- Mix-ins of your choosing ... M&Ms, chocolate chips, Reese's Pieces, milk chocolate bark, etc.
- Spread wax paper on a baking tray or pan that will fit in your fridge.
- Put your pretzel rods in a resealable bag and gently hammer them so that they are in approximately 1-inch pieces. You do NOT want powder or tiny bits. You're aiming for nice sized chunks. (Mini-pretzel rods or bows would be an option if you wanted to skip this step. I happen to have a son who really. likes. hammers. so I'll be sticking with the rods.)
- While you're doing this, melt your white chocolate bark on the stove or in the microwave. I used the microwave, and did it in 30-second increments, stirring after each time. It took about 2-3 minutes.
- Move your pretzel chunks to a large bowl. Remove them by hand from the bag, being careful to avoid getting the tiniest, powdery pieces.
- Pour your melted white chocolate over the pretzels and stir. I did this in about three increments. Your goal is to get your pretzel chunks evenly coated.
- Spread the coated pretzels on your baking tray and put in the fridge for about 10 minutes (or till hardened.)
- Break apart your Chocolate Pretzel Bites and ENJOY! :) (And share. Your waistline will thank you for sharing.) ;)


3 comments:
Looks yummy!
I may have to get my friend Dawn addicted to this also. She's already a huge fan of the white chocolate popcorn and I'm sure this is a tie. Crunchy, salty pretzels covered in white chocolate, then again in milk chocolate. What more could we ask for. Except for there to be no calories in it.
Yeah, I'd love to be able to drop the calories ... but sharing does help with that. ;) I need to make white chocolate popcorn again though--it was SO easy, and I haven't done it since New Year's!
Post a Comment