Monday, March 25, 2013

365Project.2013 | Week 12

This was a blissfully "normal," healthy week. I am thankful. Daddy worked an abundance of hours, but we enjoyed the times when he was home, we had multiple days of beautiful weather, and we simply enjoyed being together as a family. It was good.
 
Day 79. We delayed "school" this morning to accomodate cooperative building efforts. Cooperative anything is a win-win in my book and generally more important than just about any official "school" subject.

Day 80. The rope swing has been rediscovered! :) A friend helped us throw this rope over a very high branch before we had even officially moved into our home. Now that we have the swingset, it doesn't get used quite as often, but they were obviously having fun with it today. :)



I snapped this one as a stark reminder of how much they're growing. Peter was running around the wall. And I didn't. think. twice. about it. I distinctly remember being petrified the first time I watched him w.a.l.k. around it a couple years ago.

Day 81. Matthew, my strawberry lover, was delighted with this particular berry ...

Yet another food picture. I was desirous of a snack for our game night. Something with pretzels. And chocolate. After unsuccessfully Googling for a recipe that answered the call of my tastebuds, I got creative. It's so simple, I'm really not sure you can call it a "recipe," but it was new for my kitchen, and is definitely on the repeat list. :)  (Recipe will appear in another post ...)
 
Day 82. This young man has been eager to invite our neighbor to church, so we bagged up some of our Chocolate Pretzel Bites, and he walked over with Daddy to deliver his invitation. ♥ I'm thankful for his teachers who have helped to encourage him to do so!

On the first Saturday in nearly a month that had no outside obligations, Mommy braved the traffic and crowds to do some much needed clothing shopping for ... Mommy. Daddy enjoyed some downtime with the kids, and he and Peter designed their own original coaster! :) It's pretty cool ... it actually works better than either of the plans that came with their kit!

Day 83. Sunday night found me preparing for the upcoming week of school ... and writing out our memory box verses for ... {drumroll, please} our. last. six. weeks. of. school.  Woo-hoo! :) VERY excited about this! (Most of the time) we very much enjoy homeschooling, but I am definitely looking forward to the change of pace and some of the special plans and ideas we have for the summer. :)

Day 84. Tonight we discovered Monopoly Junior. I picked it up for $1 at a thrift store a couple years ago, and finally pulled it out this weekend when my unsuccessful attempt to sell the original Monopoly at our local consignment sale spurred my daughter's interest in the game.

I'm not a big fan of Monopoly in general (i.e., the reason I was trying to sell it), but this version is well-suited for the 5–8 year olds it was designed for. In my opinion, it's definitely more enjoyable than Candyland or Chutes & Ladders. :) Qwirkle, however, is still hands-down our favorite family game for our current stage of life. :) (For those who may be wondering, Matthew's responsibility was giving the die to each person on their turn. And he thoroughly enjoyed it.) :)

 
And that's about it. :) It was a blessing to simply have a blissfully "normal" week.

1 comment:

Marsel said...

Isn't it funny how rarely "normal" actually happens?!

Congratulations on being on your first homestretch of homeschooling -- isn't it an awesome feeling? Every year I am very excited to start our new school year...and every year I am very excited to have summer break looming. It's a big accomplishment! :)