Tuesday, January 29, 2013

365Project.2 | Week 4

It's hard to believe that January is nearly behind us, but the calendar says it's so. We were blessed with a blissfully normal week ... plenty of sunshine, the ice storm turned out to be a non-event for our area, and creative energies were exercised in a variety of fashions ...

Day 22. The kids are designing a mud fort, and it's been a lot of fun to see them working together on their project. Even Matthew has been helping out by loading 3-4 bricks at a time in his dump truck and pushing it up the hill. :)

Day 23. Matthew loves to play Hannah's recorder. Based on his demonstrations, he appears to have quite a bit of lung power and a penchant for one particular note. ;)
Day 24.Just a quiet afternoon of engineering fun with the marble run. :)
Day 25. LOL. I did this all. the. time. as a kid. Like mother like daughter ... two generations running. :) (Yes, Grandma did it, too.)  ;)
 We had fun playing with her hair later in the morning ... ♥

Day 26. Our next big helper in training! :) As a side note ... it's SO much easier for a two year old to get on the floor to vacuum up wood shavings than it is for an adult. Just sayin'. Matthew loves helping with just about anything though, whether it's loading the washing machine, feeding Toby, using the dustpan, loading the dishwasher ... he's ready and eager to help!
Day 27. Emily and Eliza have matching skirts! It took a bit of figuring to modify the pattern for Eliza as she is taller and more slender than Emily, but in the end we were successful! :) And now we can make more in the future with much less trouble! :)
Day 28. Yep. We finally took the plunge. For mostly financial reasons, we've avoided the world of "gadgets," including smart phones, for a long time, but some changes in Chris' job responsibilities made a tablet device very appealing. After quite a bit of research, he decided on the Nexus 7. Now for the challenge of finding the right apps. :)


And thus we close another week ... 
I'm thankful for the strength and wisdom
our Father is so good to give us each and every day.
And I am loving our Bible reading plan.

3 comments:

Marsel said...

I love the look on concentration on Matthew's face! (I'm glad I can only see it and not hear it! Our recorders are hidden in a high place that only I can reach...I just can't bear it!) :)

Lovely hairstyle on Hannah!

pmartens616 said...

Yep, like grandmother, like mother, like granddaughter. Except now I read recipe books while eating. Is that progress?
Love the hairstyle on Hannah.
Let me know how Chris likes his tablet. That is the one I am considering. BTW, don't you wish you had my hearing when Matthew is playing the recorder? :-)

JR said...

I love Hannah's hair - so beautiful! I can hardly wait to be able to do more with Kathryn's. Oh my word, I STILL read while eating all the time. :)