Tuesday, January 15, 2013

365 Project.2 | Week 2

Along with many of you, we settled back into "normal" this last week. I've made some changes to my weekly routine, and overall we're deciding that they're a good thing. :)


Day 8. Yep. It's a board book. That provided us with hours of entertainment. Literally. The artist hid four different shapes in each of the scenes, and while some were quite easy to find, a few confounded two adults for longer than we'd care to admit. ;)
Day 9. Just protecting the castle.  
We all thoroughly enjoyed some warmer weather this week, and Hannah and Peter took to the trees with their imaginations peaked by Patch the Pirate's newest release, "Kingdom Chronicles." (A CD which the parents have enjoyed as much as the kids!)
Day 10. I thought they might be digging for buried treasure, but no. Peter informed me that they were digging "for dirt." Which I do suppose is a logical thing to dig for. As a general rule, you have a very high probability of finding it. :)
Day 11. We have {drum roll, please!} completed 100 days of school! Woo-hoo for us! :) Hannah and I had lots of fun sitting together and each coloring our "ball of 100s." It's been a long time since I've done that much coloring. :)
And on his 100th day of school, this young man most definitely surprised me. He filled in all of the numbers all of the way up to 100! He can easily count up to 100, but he had never written numbers that high as part of his math assignments to date, so I just assumed he'd need help. But nope. I was wrong. Sometimes, it's good to be wrong. :)
Day 12. We celebrated 100 Day with a gift-card funded dinner at Red Robin ... and my camera decided to spend the night. So Mommy and most of her crew went back Saturday morning to retrieve it. (They were quite delighted to receive a second batch of balloons.) :)
Day 13. Legos, K-nex, friendship bracelets, marble runs, train tracks, ... if we're not reading, we're usually creating around here, and the living room has been home to sundry parts and pieces on a very. regular. basis. Don't ask about the underside of my couches.
Day 14. Okay. I'm sharing a secret. You are looking at, hands down, my favorite part of Chris' new schedule. He's dead to the world by the time I crawl into bed, and I'm dead to the world when he crawls out, so I started leaving him little notes on the bathroom mirror or in his lunchbox. He decided to join the fun, but he's a lot more creative (or I'm a lot more predictable), and he generally hides his notes in less obvious places so that I'll find them as I'm going about my morning ... the top of the cappuccino can is a fairly regular hiding place. ;) Anyway. It's been a lot of fun ... and the kids enjoy seeing my growing collection on the inside of my cupboard. ♥ If you haven't left a note for your beloved recently, I highly recommend it. :)
And just for fun ...

2012 Flashback | Week 2

And such was our week ... 
Psalm 13:5-6 resonated with my heart this morning:

But I have trusted in Your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
because He has dealt bountifully with me. 

Psalms 13:5-6

He most certainly has.
I am thankful.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Snowmen at Night is a good one! We like Patch the Pirate too. We may have to check that one out. :-)

cj and family said...

Kung Phooey Kid is another one I personally put at the top of my list. :) (It's the songs in both that one and Kingdom Chronicles that I really enjoy.) The kids just got Goes to the Jungle ... I can NOT listen to that CD without remembering your brother as Banana Man! :D

Marsel said...

Have you heard Incrediworld yet? It's our favorite one yet, although we got Kingdom Chronicles for Christmas, too, and are in the process of listening to it a million times in a row. ;)

Congratulations on your first 100 day celebration!