Tuesday, May 24, 2011

"I look handsome."

Sunday morning I had a nice comfortable polo shirt laid out for Peter to wear. But he asked me if he could please wear a tie.


"You'll have to wear your long-sleeve white shirt with a tie."


"I want to wear a tie, Mommy. My red tie."

(It was actually Daddy's tie from when he was little--Grandma had saved it.) So, for the first time ever, Peter got dressed up in a tie. And he looked SNAZZY, if I do say so myself. :o) And funny enough, he knew it too. He commented multiple times, "I look so handsome!" :o)

Since I had yet to get his "four year old" pictures, I decided to take advantage of his particularly cheerful spirit (and an uncommonly early start on Sunday morning), and we went outside to document the occasion of both 1. wearing a tie and 2. being four.

He cracks me up. :o) He's just sweet through and through. However, photo ops are generally not his cup of tea, so it can be hard to catch a genuine smile for "nice" pictures. However, we were having fun and it showed. :o)

Mommy's favorites for framing:

Discussing his tie ...

When did his legs get so long?

It is impossible to keep from laughing with him--he has such a genuine joy and enthusiasm for life. :o)



Yikes. When did he start growing up on me all of a sudden?


This is SO Peter. :o)

And so is this! :o) Oh Peter, we love you, buddy! So thankful for you!

Have fun being four!

4 comments:

Carol said...

He's so cute! I remember the year Matthew wanted to wear his "man jacket" (suit jacket and tie) for his school picture in 1st grade. He kept saying he was handsome too =) Great memories -- and pictures!

Delighted Hands said...

So sweet!

Bethany said...

He looks precious and yes, very grown up!

Marsel said...

Yes, he looks very grown-up...and handsome. He may never outgrow admiring his own handsomeness. :)