Monday, May 9, 2011

Easier by the Half-Dozen

This was my hiking crew last Saturday ...



From left to right, we had a 4 year old, nearly 6 year old, 2 year old, 11 year old, 1 year old, and 8 year old.


And we had a great time!!!


Chris was helping friends from church load their moving truck, so I did what a Mommy of Three can do ... I volunteered to care for their little one who is very two and full of energy. :o)

I happened to be completely caught up on housework, which allowed opportunity to do something fun with my munchkins on that beautiful Saturday morning. Knowing that I'd be carrying Matthew on my back if we went hiking, I figured another set of legs to help keep track of my newest charge would be beneficial. When I called some friends from church to see if any of their four (older) children would be interested in joining my crew for the day, I was able to snag two of them! :o) And while the younger of their two was simply a fun addition to our adventure, their older one was a BIG help with my new charge (even if he did want nothing to do with holding her hand ...)





What a fun morning and a fun group of kids! I think we'll have to do it again sometime!

1 comment:

Marsel said...

Looks like fun! ...and I'm sure it was a blessing to the moving family to have this kind of help.