Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Where's the shovel?

Monday morning opened with the following conversation as I led a just-awakened Peter to the window:
"What do you see, Peter?"
(BIG eyes, awed voice) "Snow everywhere ..."
"And Mommy has warm clothes for you so that you can go out and play in it!"
(desperate voice) "I don't want to play in it ... I want to dig in it!"
:::
Well, dig he did, but he also enjoyed playing in it. ;o) In fact, everybody, including Toby, had a blast in Monday's half-foot of freshly fallen snow. :o)
It's a little different trying to walk in snow ...
And yes, Peter had the shovel out within minutes of exiting the basement! :o)
Once Daddy finished the toboggan, adventures shifted to the hill where everybody had lots of fun sledding. (It actually worked even better on Tuesday after the snow had claimed a coating of ice ...)
Very thankful for warm gear from friends and grandparents!
And what's the point of sledding if you don't follow it up with hot chocolate? ;o)
We've certainly enjoyed the snow ... it's beautiful and fun to play in. However. I do miss snow plows. :o) Oh well. I'd rather have 2-3 days of snow without snowplows than 2-3 months of snow with them. :o)

6 comments:

Marsel said...

I second your last statement!!!

That picture of Toby is adorable.

cj and family said...

Thanks Marsel! I really like that picture of Toby, too! :o)

Robin said...

Looks like the kids & Toby had a
lot of fun playing in the snow!

Bethany said...

Peter is such a boy isn't he?! It looked like a lot of fun!

Heather said...

Love, love, love the pics. And I, being the dog lover that I am, must say, you did get a few great shots of Toby. :) But the kid ones are awesome too. Peter played hard-you can tell by those red rosy cheeks! :) I really am missing the snow plows at the moment as well though.

Peggy said...

Ah, snowplows. They are so nice when they are on the front of 4-wheel drive pick-up trucks. Though we do use those for driveways and not city streets. :-)