Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back again!

The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.

~
Psalm 28:7
:::
That was my special verse for my day of surgery. Surgery (rather recovery) wasn't particularly pleasant, but praise the Lord, there were no complications. Chris did a great job of managing things for those first few days, and Hannah and Peter were super sweet and blessed me with lots of get well wishes in the form of gentle hugs, handmade cards, and visiting buddies. :o)

I was reasonably coherent about 12 hours after surgery, and we actually managed a trip to the emergency room less than 24-hours later to get a steroid shot for Matthew who had a really bad case of croup. I was puttering around by the time Monday came around, and a week later, was feeling about normal. :o) So, the deed is done. I'm glad to have it behind me. :o)

Here's pictures of the crew from last week:

Hanging out with Toby ...
Doing puzzles ...
Reading books ...
Investigating strange sights ...
Playing with toys ...
And creating Christmas goodies ...
I must say, Hannah was a real blessing this weekend. She stuck with me for the whole Christmas goodie marathon, and we had lots of fun together. :o) We made goodie bags for teachers and friends (50ish in all ... between church and school, teachers really add up with three kids!) and she helped from start to finish and did all of the pretzel decorating! Thanks, Pumpkin!

We also enjoyed our annual church Christmas dinner, the Christmas cantata, and a very special visit with friends this last weekend. It was a busy one, and I was very thankful to be feeling better. :o) Thank you all for praying!

4 comments:

JR said...

Glad you're doing better! What Christmas goodies did you make?? :)

Delighted Hands said...

Glad you are doing well and able to join in all the family activities of the season!

Robin said...

Jenny, glad you are doing better.
The Christmas goodies sure look
pretty. Hannah did a nice job
decorating them!

Marsel said...

Glad you've recovered well -- looks like you being slowed down didn't slow down the kids at all!