Perspective.
I've been (more than) a little overwhelmed at the prospect of getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow.
I've also been less than patient at times with my little ones today.
I'm tired.
And I'm sure I could rattle off more than a dozen other complaints if I tried. Why?
Did you notice all of those begin with "I"? My biggest problem? My focus has been on me rather than my Savior. I'm more interested in my own convenience and comfort than in serving my family.
The Lord has rebuked me and restored my perspective.
A dear friend just gave birth to a miraculously healthly little boy after enduring with grace a very challenging pregnancy with significant complications. However, she is today in the hospital with her nine-day-old son who stopped breathing last evening for no apparent reason. The Lord who carried this little one through the entire pregnancy must certainly have a special plan for him, for He ordained fire-fighters to be in their neighborhood, and they were able to quickly respond to their 911 call, provide oxygen, and rush little Hudson to the hospital.
Please ... pray for little Hudson and this family. Rachel has a beautiful blog where I'm sure she'll post updates soon.
:::
Lord, thank You for the abundance of blessings and these most precious gifts You have given me in the form of my children. Forgive me for taking them for granted and failing to trust You for the challenges You bring.

2 comments:
We'll be praying. How very, very scary.
Heavenly reminders....what a blessing that you see it!
Post a Comment