So while Chris and the kids puttered about with breakfast and things, I bundled up to take pictures before it all melted on us. :o) (You never know in sunny SC!)
Here's our house with it's blanket of snow . . .
The back yard . . .
And picnic area . . .
A brave little pine branch . . .
Even braver signs of spring . . .The remains of one of our firewood trees . . . :o)
Our front yard . . .
And the creek. The first thing I noticed about the creek was that it sounded "muffled." There wasn't any ice on it or anything, but it was definitely less bubbly than usual.
We actually had another "flood" a couple weeks ago. Not as bad as the one in December, but around 11 pm, the creek crested the road again. Our bricks which were to be a future retaining wall did not stay put. They are now scattered up and down the creek. Hmmm . . . I think I know what we'll be doing come spring . . .It's pretty, but it's COLD.
I'm very glad to enjoy it small quantities once or so a year. :o)



3 comments:
We missed all of the snow this time! :( Glad you got to enjoy it, though.
I prefer it in small quantities, too...we've become wimps, haven't we?!
Yes, I have definitely become a wimp when it comes to snow! As I spent 10 minutes or so getting the kids all bundled up, I could only think how glad I was I did this once a year. My sister and others in snow country do it EVERY DAY!!
Had to laugh at who got to park in the snow. :-) I am always so glad when I get into my warm, well depends how cold the garage is, car and drive away without scraping and shoveling anything.
Not a wimp, but still like a garage.
Post a Comment