Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Snowy Expedition

Here's my crew ready to go! :o) Couple items of note . . . the kids were so excited about playing in the snow that neither one noticed the fact that their boots were snug due to being last year's boots and at least 1-2 sizes smaller than their current size. Also, I was very thankful to find that their snow pants still fit them very nicely, and Hannah's will almost surely still fit next year. (Thanks, Grandma!) :o) I was not planning to play in the snow. I don't have boots. I have sneakers which are definitely not waterproof. However, as you will find by the abundance of pictures, I obviously did enjoy the snow with my family. How could I go back in and miss seeing their delight?!? :o) We all stayed outside about an hour. I was very cold when we finally came back in. However, I was quite glad to hear Hannah's only complaint was "I'm hot and sweaty!" And their feet were still warm and dry, despite tromping in slush. :o)

A Southern Sled . . . a carboard box and cooking spray. :o)

The driveway made an excellent sledding path with Daddy following close behind to keep up the momentum (and direct away from trees . . . )
After sledding, we investigated the creek.
In preparation for a "hike," Daddy located good walking sticks for the kids.
The right-a-way for the county sewer lines opens directly off our driveway, so we decided to go exploring. :o) During the summer, it's overgrown with poison ivy amongst other things, so we actually hadn't been down the trail since moving in.

We found that the first part of the right-a-way ends at the paved path leading into the county swimming pool. Nice. :o)
And here's the rather large culverts our little stream dumps out at.

And here's Daddy pulling his little ones home. :o)

A lovely snow day!

6 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

So glad it happened on a Saturday so you could all enjoy it together!

Marsel said...

Fun times!

Peggy said...

By the way, that's a northern sled also. A refrigerator box works really great. :-)

Robin said...

Playing in the snow....Fun!

Jen said...

Looks like fun. . . except for the cold part. :) I love the sled! How fun to have property with lots of room, trees, and creek! ;)

JR said...

What fun! The cardboard box is hilarious! Hey, weird things make great sleds - when I was in high school, my youth group discovered that a tarp makes an awesome sled!