The one (and about the only) project which did not get accomplished while grandparents were visiting was painting the dining room. Ah well, another time. :o) However, we did get some painting done over Christmas--just in a much smaller size. :o)
One of Hannah's Christmas gifts was a set of four simple models which required gluing and painting. Since painting is not one of my "natural" abilities and not something I've had much opportunity to learn, even these simple models would spell "STRESS" for me. Were I the only one in the household, I would have chosen a different craft, but knowing my husband's strengths, I knew this would be a fun project for him to do with the kids. He enjoyed working with models as a child, and this kit is an excellent beginner's introduction to them.
Especially knowing how inept I would have been trying to help with this particular project, it was a delight to watch him help Hannah build and paint her very first model--a birdhouse.
Here they are using the glue to put the pieces together.
Once it dried, they began applying paint. He did a great job of helping her learn how much paint to use and how to smooth her brush strokes, and all sorts of other things which I simply couldn't have taught because I've never really learned them myself. :o)Lots of fun! (And there's still three more to go--a bird feeder, a race car, and an airplane!)











3 comments:
Never too young to learn how to make handcrafts!
My kids love those kinds of projects, too...isn't it fun to watch them create?!
Brings back memories of Chris
painting his model airplanes.
Post a Comment