Just thought the Grandpas would be interested to see Chris' engineering at work once again. He made a metal "boot" for the stove pipe attached to a flexible duct going up to an old opening in the hallway (from the former HVAC system.) He put a fan of some sort in the flexible part to push the heat through, so now we get a significantly greater portion of the stove's heat upstairs. It also tends to set off our "early warning system" when the stove starts to get too hot (i.e. the smoke alarm goes off.) I'm still not completely sure how/why that's happening, because it's not making smoke, but anyway. At least we know when we need to check the stove. :o}

And in the hallway, he made this creative contraption to funnel the warm air into the living area and bedrooms rather than heating only the bathroom.


At least we don't have to worry about being cold in the middle of an ice storm! :o)

1 comment:
Unbelievable!! I just shake my head in admiration. I've got lasagna down pat, and I'm not too bad at crafts, but this kind of stuff!?!?
Post a Comment