Thursday, April 9, 2009

Taming of the Wild

While the men worked inside, the ladies mostly worked outside, trimming shrubs and raking, tarping, and carrying leaves. (When we weren't watching the kiddoes or on kitchen duty that is!)

The front drive was definitely a major job!
5+ years of decaying leaves!

Which then had to be tarped and carried!

Our last load of leaves from the front drive!!!

These pictures can't give a complete perspective, but we probably tarped over a hundred loads of leaves and dumped all of them in one of these two VERY large piles!

We also trimmed the shrubbery around the house, although I didn't get much of that in pictures.

By Thursday afternoon we were getting rather tired of carrying leaves, so we decided to go play in (err, umm, clean up . . .) the creek for a change of pace! :o)

For the record, Jenny prefers clippers and loppers to weedwhackers. I lasted all of about 90-seconds with this one!
Now that was fun!

3 comments:

JR said...

Go us! :)

Marsel said...

Mmmmmm....I love creeks! It's so pretty!

Robin said...

The landscape looks nice! You
gals did a good job!