Monday, December 15, 2008

Preparing for Christmas

We enjoyed a busy but fun weekend preparing for Christmas . . .

making cinnamon Christmas ornaments

building a suspension bridge with Legos
(definitely a necessary part of Christmas prep!) :o)


baking lots and lots of sugar cookies (150+)

and attending our annual church Christmas dinner. (For the first time ever we had to have it at another location because our fellowship hall can no longer hold our growing congregation! What a blessing!)


Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Marsel said...

I never seem to find enough time to see all of my grand holiday plans come to fruition -- but Christmas cookies we will definitely manage! Oh well, I'd much rather have not enough time and have my little ones around me than to have tons of time because there aren't little ones around -- isn't it fun to see the kids' excitement?!

Peggy said...

Barbi and I counted our cookie making and came up with over 21 dozen! I would not have wanted to do it alone (sort of!) as you did. Plus, we had no oven work, just pounds of melted chocolate. I took a picture of my counters covered with cookies.

By the way...I love the red and black on Hannah and Peter. :-)

JR said...

gracious - whatever are you going to do with 150+ sugar cookies?? you're rather ambitious...I have made nary a one. :) ~J