Sunday, October 30, 2016

365Project.2016 | Week 42-43

 The last few weeks have simply been "normal" ... nothing particularly out of the ordinary ... just enjoying the fall colors and the regular routines of work, school, and church. As much as I love the "special" days, I love the fact that my 365Project helps me capture the "ordinary" days of life, too ... the ones that would tend to get missed. 

Day 291. Geography ... at 2. :) 
 And an absolutely gorgeous sunset!!!
 Day 292. I'm kinda a sucker for fall colors, and I missed them dreadfully down in SC! We've had beautiful color this year, and I've been taking all sorts of pictures. :) This particular section of road is just stunning in person ... crimson red and orange!!!
 Day 293. So thankful for this great group of kids who join us each week in Missions for Kids! ♥
Day 294. The best part about missing all four of your front teeth? Being able to stick out your tongue without opening your teeth!!
Day 295. Hannah's been working super hard and earned a special prize for her diligence in practicing flute 20 minutes/day, 5 days/week, for 12 weeks straight! ♥
 Day 296. Abby was SUPER glad to see Hannah when she got back from her Awana party. ♥ The feeling appeared to be quite mutual. ♥
The boys have been thoroughly enjoying the Lego table Chris built for them!! It's been SO nice to not have Legos covering the floor!!!
It's amazing to see this young man's ingenuity with the Legos! He added motors, gears, and sensors to an ordinary kit so that he could drive it via remote control!
 Day 297. The counter ... one of Abby's very favorite spots to hang out. ♥
We love the view from our side door!! The fact that building a garage would block that view gives serious pause to those ideas ...
 Day 298. Boo-Boo Spray ... hands down, it's Matthew's FAVORITE oily remedy. ♥
Day 299. Tuesday morning "groupie" with my homeschool crew. ♥ So thankful for Grandma watching Abby in the mornings. It makes the school day go SO much more smoothly. ♥
 I. Love. The. Country.
 Day 300. Abby-girl ... in her favorite outfit ... the "meow" dress and leggings. ♥
Peter v.e.r.y. carefully made his bed. Yes. This is photo worthy. (I'll let you make your own assumptions based on that ... )

 Day 301. First snow!!!
 I'm ready for it with my awesome new hat made by my friend in Wisconsin! ♥
 The big kids were delighted to make the season's first snowman just before we left for piano lessons.

Day 302. The 9yo is practicing for his CDL ... with the remote control tractor-trailer he designed and built with Legos. :)
Day 303. The big kids thoroughly enjoyed their sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa and decorating pumpkin cookies was definitely a highlight of the visit! ♥
 Day 304. Even with gray skies, the fall colors are still shining. ♥
And such be our days. Thanks for joining us. ♥

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Love the LEGO table!! Does it move? Also, while I can appreciate you not wanting to block your view, a few more years of scraping snow off the car, starting it when it is really cold, and just getting bundled up kids into it while it is NOT in a garage....you will appreciate the five months of garage more than the three weeks of fall colors. Just sayin'. :-D