Monday, September 1, 2014

365Project.2014 | Week 35

Surprise! I'm back! :) I squeaked in a couple minutes to go through pictures over the weekend, and as a birthday gift for my grandma, I'm squeaking in a couple minutes to post them today. :) I strongly doubt it will become a habit, but oh, I'd love to be able to continue posting weekly. It requires a MUCH smaller block of time. Ah well. We'll see what happens. :) And for today, Happy Birthday, Grandma! :)

Day 238. Mr. Matthew is definitely getting bitten by the Lego bug and is learning to follow the directions to build kits more independently. His brother's rocket kit (which originally belonged to their Daddy) is his current project of choice. :)


Miss Abby has started sleeping in her cradle a bit more often and is also learning to be content without being held (occasionally). ;)

Day 239. K4 is lots of fun! Especially when Mommy has a big box with all the supplies required for lots of cool crafts and activities. Rather than trying to piece things together on my own (difficult at most times--impossible with a newborn), we bought a Ready-Made Preschool kit. It has absolutely been worth the investment! Hermit Crab helped us learn the letter H this week.

Hannah found a vertebrate in our yard later in the day ... to go along with our science lessons. ;)


Day 240. Puzzles are a good activity while Mommy is feeding Abby ...

What a special blessing to see the Lord provide this week!

Peter's bike is nearly an extension of his body ... something akin to a fifth limb. He regularly spends multiple hours on it per day. So while it was no great surprise when the bearings for his pedals fell apart and were left beyond repair last week, it left Peter much like a fish out of water with Mommy and Daddy wondering how to fund a bike purchase we had been budgeting for the spring.

When Craigslist searches turned up empty, we decided to see if someone in our circle of Facebook friends might possibly have a bike sitting in a corner they were willing to sell. And yes, I'll freely admit that my faith was small. I really wasn't expecting anyone to have one. But the Lord chose to provide despite my lack of faith, and a friend from my days at work blessed us with the bike her son had outgrown! Thankful and blessed beyond words. ♥

Day 241. Dinner prep has of necessity taken a backseat these days, often leaving me scrambling come evening. So, inspired by a free cookbook, I decided to try my hand at "freezer cooking" for the first time. I prepared three each of six different recipes. About 4 hours later (with 2.5 hours of actual hands-on time), I had a freezer filled with 18 meals, ready to be pulled out and popped in the crockpot. Happiness!!



And in-between feedings, Hannah-bug helped Mommy out in the Abby department. ;) Every new mommy needs a Hannah. Just sayin'. ♥

And yes, Miss Abby is 1 month old today! According to our scale, she's about 9.8 lbs. She's sleeping about 3-4 hour stretches at night and loves snuggles.

 Day 242. Annual Apple Orchard Visit!

Made 100x better by the addition of a huge group of friends from church ... 25 of us in all!!! :)
We were especially glad that Faith-Ann was able to fill the one remaining seat in our van and join us for our outing. :)


And that puts last week in the books. :)

Happy Birthday, Great Grandma! ♥

1 comment:

Robin said...

Enjoyed all the pictures!
Abigail looks like a doll:)
Matthew & his rocket lego :)
Peter & his new bike:)
Hannah & Abigail :)
Love all the grand kids!