Well, my friends, without doing an official count, I think I took as few pictures this week as I have in any week since the beginning of last year. It's a good thing I only need one per day! :) I seemed to be running tired most days and the camera lay forgotten in lieu of the cappuccino till sometime post-7:00 pm. Ah well. Some weeks are like that. :) Without further adieu ...
Day 15. If you've never noticed, two-year-olds can be very particular (and a bit difficult to reason with) once they've made up their mind. Thus, Matthew and I spent nearly ten minutes hunting for the perfect rocket "that can stand up" in the Microsoft Clipart Gallery. He was so pleased when we finally found it! :) (We won't mention that it was the same rocket I had suggested about eight minutes earlier ...) ;) Once printed, he had so much fun coloring it and carefully clipping all of its edges ... and once complete, he went through great effort to make sure his masterpiece was very. well. secured. to the fridge. :)

Day 16. Oh the joy of a Mommy's heart to see her children loving on each other! Hannah and Peter worked together during most of rest time to design Thomas the Tank Engine and a semaphore from the little Legos just for Matthew. ♥
Day 17. It rained this week. A lot. Oh, did I mention that it rained? Yes, it did. Quite a bit. In fact, most every day this week it rained. A lot. Rain is good. Rain is good. Yes, rain. is. good. Thank you, Father, for rain. And thank you for sunshine, too. :)
Day 18. Wheat weevils. Have you heard of them? Yep, ancient history. By all of about one week. Ugh. Sigh. However, on the bright side, I love organization. Seriously. Having things in nice neat containers is a source of genuine delight. In the past I have considered buying these containers, but deemed them an unnecessary luxury. Having the privilege, by necessity, to finally invest in them almost makes the battle worth it. Thankfully, the war was brief, losses relatively few, and victory decisive.
Day 19. Ah! Sunshine and wonderful fellowship with friends. Can't beat that! :)
Day 20. We love you, Toby! Thanks for letting me snap your picture when I realized after everyone else was in bed that I hadn't taken a single picture all day.
Day 21. Team Peter and Mommy won the game of Qwirkle tonight! :) Peter was exceptionally pleased with himself that he managed to get a double-Qwirkle that Mommy hadn't even seen! (Mommy must admit she was pretty proud of him for catching it ... and quite glad for the extra 12 points, too.) :)
And that's about it.
Just a pretty normal, very wet week of life. :)
Just a pretty normal, very wet week of life. :)
Thanks for stopping by. :)







4 comments:
Did Matthew use EVERY magnet on your fridge for his picture? :-)
Ugh, on the wheat weevils. What a nasty surprise when you opened that container. Now I understand your joy at receiving your tupperware containers. I just thought it was your joy in another organization effort. ;-)
We LOVE Qwirkle! It's a must-play every time we go to my parents'.
We had to do the same thing in our cupboards...it is nice once it's done, at least! We made the change last spring, when my pasta had been invaded yet again. Just a couple of weeks ago, I realized that I had missed a cupboard...I figured this out when I noticed larvae floating in my hot chocolate...disgusting!!! :)
Did you find a container to fit spaghetti and other long pastas?
THANK you for sharing, Marsel!!! I am SO glad to know I'm not the only one!!! And, no, not really for the spaghetti yet. I still have them in the freezer and am debating about what to do with them. Tupperware has a small round spaghetti container, but it only works for about 1.5 boxes worth--not very practical for storage purposes. The tallest of the rubbermaid containers I bought MIGHT fit the spaghetti--haven't checked since I thought of it, but I'd have to take a shalf out of my cupboard for that to work. SO glad I'm not the only one!!! :}
Post a Comment