Why?
It was fun. :)
I LOVE the simplicity that my 365 Project gave to my blog posts ... one picture a day (maybe 2), a brief comment, and wa-la, 7 pictures later, I had a week's post. Seriously. You can't get much simpler than that, folks. :) (And for some reason, grandparents really seem to enjoy the regular stream of pictures and have no desire for that to dry up, which it would, if I went back to my former method of trying to dream up something creative to post about on a semi-regular basis.) ;)
I love how it helps me capture the kids as they're growing up!
And mostly? I love how it helped me to appreciate and share the beauty of the ordinary which makes up the fabric of our lives. My prayer is that it will help you to see beauty and blessings in your own life.
Let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us:
and establish thou the work of our hands.
and establish thou the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17
Big events are fun, but most of life is made up of ordinary days ... and my 365 Project helped me appreciate and focus on the blessings in the midst of the challenges of life.
Mommyhood is not for the faint of heart. And in the midst of the everydayness of life, it's sometimes easy to get focused on the (never-ending) piles of laundry or sink full of dishes or dirt on the floor or messes to be cleaned or clutter to be tamed ... and forget the incredible, overwhelming blessing of the husband and munchkins who are behind the piles and the sink and the dirt and the clutter.
Picking up my camera every. single. day. helps me remember to be thankful for the blessings of our Father in the midst of the everydayness of life. ♥ So this Mommy plans to continue the habit. (Although I'm hoping to begin posting on Tuesdays rather than Sundays.)
Many thanks to those of you who read my posts regularly and have shared that you enjoyed last year's project. I blog primarily for family, but it's very encouraging to know that others are reading and enjoy my posts, too. Hopefully you won't mind the theme continuing. :) I would love to have you join me! :) (It's totally okay if you missed the first week!)
So without further ado ...
Day 1. Last day with G&G ... the ladies brought out the gingerbread houses! We definitely learned some things from last year's attempts, and it was SO much easier this year. It's amazing how much more fun such activities are when you remove the frustration element. ;) (The extra houses from our kit traveled north so that cousins could join the fun, too!) :)
And the men supervised the engineering of an incredible marble run. Yep, my hubby engineers everything. Including marble runs. :) Makes for some pretty cool marble runs, if you ask me. :)
Day 2. Bookmarks ... for a new year's Bible reading plan.
I discovered this plan about three months ago, and it's been niggling at me ever since, so here we go. I am very excited to be doing it with my hubby. ♥
"Professor Grant Horner's unusual, challenging, and life-changing
Bible-Reading System is unlike any other you have ever seen.
Try it for ONE MONTH and find out for yourself!
You will never be the same."
Bible-Reading System is unlike any other you have ever seen.
Try it for ONE MONTH and find out for yourself!
You will never be the same."
If you're interested, you can read about Professor Horner's method and reasoning here. (I designed bookmarks which seem a bit more user-friendly for our purposes, and I'm glad to share if you'd like your own.)
Day 3. Potty training, round 3. :) May I say that outside of the fact that Matthew was most definitely ready and has been doing phenomenally well, it is absolutely a HUGE blessing not to have to mesh my potty training methods with daycare rules?!? Cause they don't mesh well, and that presented some real challenges with our older munchkins. Reason #3,078,263 why I'm glad to be home!!!!
Day 4. Peter has been loving his new Legos he received for Christmas ... and this kit that his Daddy played with when he was little has been the favorite. Thanks, Grandpa!
Day 5. Houston, we have a closet. And great is the rejoicing! :)
Day 6. We had the blessing on Saturday of sharing our wood pile with some friends from church who will use it to lower their heating bill this winter. We were doubly-blessed when they returned with a box of doughnuts. Sunday afternoon, Chris and I had a mini-debate over whether he would or would not share the last half-doughnut with me ... Hannah's perspective made me chuckle: "I think it's silly to have an argument over eating a doughnut." Somehow, I think you're right, Doodle-bug! ♥
Day 7. Ah yes. Vacation is officially over. School is once again in session. I personally am glad that there's only one "first day back" from each vacation. :)
And thus 2013 has begun.
Let the adventure continue. :)









4 comments:
Oh I don't know, if the donut is bavarian cream filled, or cinnamon sugar, an argument seems appropriate to me. Or just say.."look what's outside" and grab it quick while he's not looking. :-) All's fair in love and donuts.
By the way, it's probably the light, but that closet definitely has pink tones. Don't tell the boys. :-)
Can I ask you--was there ever a day this year you forgot to take a picture? I'm dying to start this project, but I'm afraid of failure. :)
O Joanna! Absolutely!! Since I was taking a LOT of pictures every day (just because I was in the habit of it), I simply reallocated a picture from another day (of a different event/subject) and plugged it in for the day I forgot. There were other weeks when I got a picture for the day, but it ended up not being as "representative" for the way our week had gone, and a couple pictures from another day were, so I plugged the more representative pictures into different days and called it good. (I did that a good bit especially when I was trying to get at least one picture of each of the kids each week.) Perfect example: Day 346 and Day 347 of last year were both taken the same day, but one's of Peter and one's of Matthew. Both were important to me and representative of the week, so I allocated them to different days and skipped whatever pictures I really took on Day 347. :) It's okay. It's YOUR project. Pick what's special to you! Three years from now, I could care less that those pictures were technically taken on the same day. I want to remember Peter in his tool getup and Matthew pushing a wheelbarrow 3x bigger than him!
Do try it! You will be so glad you did, and I can nearly guarantee you that you will find blog posting so much more enjoyable! You don't have to be "creative." AND ... even when you get lots of great pictures, you don't feel obligated to share all of them. You just pick 1 or 2 and leave it at that. You can enjoy looking at them, but you just pick your favorite to share and move on. You will be so glad you did it! :)
Post a Comment