Whoosh! What a week! :) We've been filling our days with fun activities--indoors and out--as summer vacation draws to a close.
Day 204. Peter particularly enjoys the fun faces I often make with their food for lunch, and since his request for a photo was the first and only time I remembered to bring my camera out, his Sunday evening snack steals the show for the day. :)
Day 205. Hannah and Peter put their KNex coaster together all by themselves! :) I was so proud of them, and they were pretty pleased with themselves, too! Later in the week they took it apart and Hannah built the second version for this kit, and they have since taken it apart again and now Peter is building this version again.
Day 206. Tuesday's fun trip to a huge, really cool playground ended somewhat abruptly. Mommy got stung--twice--by a yellow jacket. OUCH. Made the drive home rather interesting, but thankfully it was my left hand and leg that were suffering, rather than my right ones. Ouch. :(
Day 207. Matthew loves "twains," with "Homas da Twain" being a particular favorite. ;) While the big kids have been building coasters with KNex, Matthew's been playing with Lego trains. He sometimes puts the tracks together on his own, but most of the time, Mommy designs the track and he runs the trains.
Day 208. We enjoyed a hot, but very fun trip to the zoo with our friends on Thursday! Everybody was glad for the sprinkler tents set up throughout. On an interesting side note, Peter thought it would be cool if we could all sleep on one leg standing up like flamingos do. ;)
I enjoyed watching Hannah-bug spin on this thing--if I tried, I would fall off after just a couple loops around, but she went around a couple dozen times and wasn't even dizzy when she got off!
Matthew was inspired by the zoo animals and spent most of the afternoon playing in his own cage. ;)
Day 209. While Daddy enjoyed fellowshipping at his work picnic, Hannah, Peter, and Matthew enjoyed exercising their swimming skills in the pool! :) Hannah's jumping and swimming in the deep end ...
Peter's jumping and swimming with just arm floaties ...
And Matthew is proudly making his way around in his swim-tube. "I swhim! I swhim! Hiss way, Mommy, hiss way!"
Day 210. Mommy finally got to contribute to our bathroom project--paint went on the walls this Saturday! :) Woo-hoo! The end is in sight! :) Very much looking forward to having a bathroom upstairs again. ;)
I must say it's hard to believe that August begins this week. It's been a fun summer. :) I have so enjoyed the freedom of being able to enjoy it with the kids. :)












4 comments:
Major lol with Matthew and his cage. :-) Obviously Hannah got her spinning ability from her daddy. And Peter, if I tried to sleep like a flamingo, or even just tried to stand like one, I would topple over quicker than you could blink. :-/
Also, love the bathroom color.
I love Matthew's cage! Kids are a constant source of entertainment, aren't they?!
Pretty color in your bathroom!
Thanks for the compliments on the bathroom color--I'm really excited about it! :) And yes, I was laughing pretty hard about Matthew, too. ;)
Post a Comment