We were blessed to enjoy a fun week this last week ... no outside obligations other than Guppie lessons and plenty of fun, memory-making activities. Still hoping to be able to enjoy a bit more Daddy-time in the evenings, but that will come eventually. :)
Day 197. Our quiet little creek gets a bit overwraught when we exceed 1.5 inches of rain in less than an hour. While much of the world is experiencing drought, our creek overflowed (or nearly) twice this week--both Sunday and Friday. (I'm cheating and sharing a picture I took on Friday--the pictures I took on Sunday were from our front steps, which really doesn't capture the full scope of it.)
Day 198. Please let me introduce you to "I Hope You Stay In Our Yard, Toady." Yes, I kid you not. That is his full and complete name. Peter was rather discouraged when Mommy informed him that we are not prepared to adopt a toad, so we took lots of pictures and got some cute video of Matthew hopping around behind him. On the pet front, however, we have adopted a second snail, Goliath. And we had opportunity to adopt a box turtle, Henry, this week as well. We'll probably do a bit of research and try to be prepared to adopt Henry if he comes back to visit.
Day 199. Mommy wanted to get out, so we visited George the Train. And since most sensible mommies keep their children inside when it's 90+ degrees outside, we were privileged to enjoy riding him all by ourselves. :) Matthew was funny--he sat straight up with his hands folded and the most serious expression for nearly the whole ride. Then I finally asked him, "Matthew, what are we riding?" and his whole face lit up with the biggest smile as he said "Twain!" And what does a train say? "Honk! Honk!" Yes, I'd have to agree that the train's whistle sounded like a duck, but I still had to laugh at the unexpected answer! :) We all enjoyed our outing. :)
Day 200. Between high-temperatures and frequent thunderstoms, indoor play has been the best option most days, and the kids have enjoyed making a variety of creations with their fuse beads.
Day 201. "Libwary Day? Libwary Day too-day?" Matthew loves going to the library, and it's one of his first questions most mornings when I'm getting him dressed. He gets very excited when Mommy can cheerfully agree, "Yes, today is Library Day!" :) Not "mawrow" or "yastaday" but "too-day." :)
Day 202. Mommy's salon opened Friday evening for three haircuts and one trim. Salon evenings are special at our house, because it means about an hour or so of Thomas the Train videos ... fun for the kids and very helpful at keeping little heads still and not turning towards the scissors. :)
Day 203. After Daddy's busy day of sanding in the bathroom, we enjoyed going to the pool as a family after dinner. Hannah and Peter are enrolled in Guppies--pre-swimteam classes designed to prepare kids in the area for a swim team next year. Peter's in Level 1 and Hannah's in Level 3. It's been really exciting to see them progressing, and we've been able to start getting to know some of the other families at the pool.
And such was our week. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow and just enjoy being together as a family. Thankful for the blessings God has given us!








1 comment:
Looks like a very respectable summer-vacation week! :)
Post a Comment