Thursday, March 17, 2011

Return to CVS

It's been a looooooonnnnngggg time since I've been to CVS. I was on a roll for a while, then the deals just weren't things that I needed and I'd generated a rather large stockpile, so I got out of the habit of checking the sales. However, earlier this week I happened to check the sales and they looked reasonably promising, but not completely worth the effort. Until ...

I realized this morning that I was completely out of hairspray. Not a single bottle anywhere in the house and no more to be coaxed out of my aerosol can. Okay. Maybe those deals I noticed were slightly more appealing than I thought. And probably worth the effort of making a stop. Since I was going to have to stop somewhere today, it might as well be CVS.

I'm glad I went. :o) By the Lord's grace, I purchased the above products for $5 and I have $2.50 in Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) waiting to be spent in the next month. Since those products would retail for $32.50, I enjoyed 85% savings. :o) Woohoo!!!

SouthernSavers.com really helps with putting together the deals, but I was still pretty overwhelmed by CVS when I first started thinking about shopping there. So, for CVS-newbies, I'm going to outline how I purchased these items. They'll be on sale through this Saturday, so you have a couple days if you're interested in trying your hand at it. :o)

Transaction #1:

Buy

  • (1) Irish Spring, $2.99

Use

  • (1) -.50/1 Irish Spring body wash

OOP: $2.67
Get Back: $2 ECBs

Transaction #2:

Buy

  • (2) Aussie Hairspray, $2.98 ea.
  • (1) Purex, $3.99
  • (2) Gain detergent, .97

Use

  • (1) B1G1 Aussie Styler
  • (1) -$1/1 Aussie Styler
  • (1) -$3/1 Purex 3-in-1 sheets
  • (2) -$1/1 Gain detergent
  • -$2 ECBs

OOP: $1.63
Get Back: $2 ECBs

Transaction #3:

Buy

  • (1) Crest Clinical Toothpaste, $3.49

Use

  • (1) -$1/1 Crest toothpaste
  • -$2 ECBs

OOP: $.70
Get Back: $2.50 ECBs

Total Spent: $5
ECBs Remaining: $2.50

Visit SouthernSavers.com's post about this week's ad which outlines exactly what's making these deals work and where to find the coupons. You have till Saturday to give it a go. :o) (And FWIW, the ad for the upcoming week looks reasonably promising as well.)

Happy Couponing!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Great savings!

Bethany said...

Couponing is the best! I am actually planning a Rite Aid visit now!