Monday, April 5, 2010

A New View

With the Lord's provision, we were able to purchase some new windows for our home last week . . . and they were installed today! They are so pretty!! :o) They are also going to make a significant difference in the comfort level (and energy efficiency) of our home. Our old windows were single-pane with metal grills--installed when the house was built nearly 60 years ago. They were quite adept at allowing the outdoor temperatures to flow straight through to the inside. :o} Our new windows . . . well, . . . not so much. :o) Replacing all of the windows will be a two-stage process, but the Lord allowed us to get a great start with the main windows this spring.

Here's a walk through . . .
The Dining Room
Before
It was a rather noisy day as the old metal frames had to be cut out with a Sawzall. I must say, I am so thankful that the installation cost was reasonable, and my wonderful husband who is more than capable of anything he sets his mind to did not have to tackle this project!

After
And here's a view from the back. We also replaced one of the kids' bedroom windows so that we can "properly" install a window AC unit this summer. :o)


The Master Bedroom
Before
Window be gone . . .
After
We used a local company who manufacturers their own top-quality windows. (They advertise that they'll give you your windows for free if you can find a more efficient window!) In addition to the quality, one of the things we really liked was their unique side-grill design--it allowed us to have the "cozy" feel of grills without losing our view.
The Living Room
Before
BIG windows.
The Supervisors
Now that's an open view!
Getting the new ones in place . . .
Front window done, side window in progress . . .
Daytime pictures of the finished living room windows will have to wait . . . the installers didn't finish up till after 8:00 and we've been in the process of cleaning up ever since. But, here's the nighttime effect . . . Let's just say that we're more than a little bit excited! :o)

10 comments:

Heather said...

love the windows! I know how that is. I didn't want to cover up my new windows with anything for the longest time just so I could look at them. :)

cj and family said...

THANKS! And yes, I feel the SAME way!! :o) They're SO pretty!!!

Life is messy, but fun, in a house full of girls, so says Daddy! said...

Awesome! They look great! I'm sure you all are very excited...and a little bit cooler ;)

Robin said...

The new windows look great!

Marsel said...

Beautiful!

Delighted Hands said...

I love the sleek new style of the panes-great choice!

Peggy said...

How pretty. And the side grids are a very nice choice.

Rachel said...

The windows look beautiful!

cj and family said...

Thanks everybody! :O)

Unknown said...

wow what a change they made. so happy for you. very beautiful! though I know you just can't wait for your new little guys fingerprints on them. :-)BTW I am praying for you and the arrival of your new treasure. Love and miss you all!