Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Best Publix Trip Yet . . .

The following items retail for $52.83 at our local Publix. They include:
  • Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix, 2 boxes
  • Green Giant corn (niblets/creamed), 6 cans
  • Ragu spaghetti sauce, 2 jars
  • Knorr Rice Sides, 2 packages
  • Muir Glenn Organic Tomatoes (crushed/diced), 3 cans
  • Muir Glenn Organic Tomato Sauce, 3 cans
  • Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, 2 packages
  • Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers (frozen veggies), 8 packages

Guess how much I paid? :o)

$8.47!!!
An average of .30 per item and 84% savings!

I can only say, "Praise the Lord!!" :o)
Here's the details since I have a hard time believing that number and I did it, . . .
  • General Mills was running a special--buy 20 items, save $5 (Green Giant/Muir Glenn Products)
  • Brownie Mix: B1G1 @ $2.59 - .50/2 coupon (doubled) = .80 each
  • Canned Corn: B1G1 @ $1.29 - $1.00/2 store coupon = .14 each
  • Ragu Sauce: B1G1 @ $2.19 = $1.10 each (No coupons, but it's the same price as I pay for Aldi's spaghetti sauce and this is the particular flavor I use for lasagna.) :o)
  • Knorr Sides: B1G1 @ $1.35 - .60/2 coupon = .38 each
  • Muir Glenn Tomatoes/Sauce: These weren't on sale this week and are expensive, but they were part of the General Mills special. I had three $1.00/2 store coupons which I could use in conjunction with the three $1.00/2 manufacturer's coupons I found on the large cans, so Tomatoes + Sauce = $2.39 + .89 = $3.28 - $1/2 store coupon - $1/2 manu. coupon = $1.28 for both or an average of .64 each
  • Uncle Ben's Ready Rice: $4.00/3 - $1.00/2 coupon = .83 each
  • Valley Fresh Steamers: B1G1 @ $2.39 - a variety of coupons (mostly .50 doubled) = about .19 each

Before I handed the cashier my coupons, I owed a little over $30. About the time my "Amount Owed" dropped below $11 she commented, "This is really working out well for you!" :o) Trips like this are inspirational (and fun!!!) :o) If you're interested in finding some of your own deals, check out SouthernSavers.com.

And for the record, the next generation of couponer is absolutely thrilled to have been entrusted with the responsiblity of cutting out Mommy's printable coupons! (And Mommy's happy to share the task!) :o) As her reading improves, I'll probably be able to enlist her in sorting the coupons, too!

Happy Couponing!

10 comments:

Joanna said...

THAT'S FANTASTIC!!!!

P.S. I SO wish our Publix would double coupons. For some reason the FL Publix stores don't. It would make the deals so much sweeter for us if they did! :)

cj and family said...

THANKS!! :o) I'm still somewhat dumbfounded. And no kidding!! I LOVE double coupons!

Peggy said...

Yep, the "beep, beep, beep" should have gone off as you walked out the door only paying for 16% of what you were carrying. The next thing you know, your picture is going to be on the wall of wanted. :-)

cj and family said...

Yep, and you would love to do the same!! ;o)

cj and family said...

And would you believe they actually take the groceries out for me--even when I only pay 16%?!? :o) It's great!

Robin said...

"Wonderful!"

Bethany said...

Great deals! We don't have a Publix here but they sure sound wonderful!

cj and family said...

For sure! :o)

Jen said...

Way to go, Jenny!!! That's exciting! My Publix trip is tomorrow. . . :)

cj and family said...

Thanks, Jen!