Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thankful

We are thankful for God's protection each. and. every. day. All too often, I take it for granted. In the simple things. Like safely navigating the stairs. Like my children swinging high and returning unharmed.

Like crossing the road to collect the mail
and returning safely to the other side.

It's not that the thought hasn't crossed my mind, and I often pray for safety as I do that because the visiblity from our driveway is poor, and I'm generally collecting the mail after arriving home from school while the kids wait in the van in our driveway. I can hardly imagine the impact it would have on them if something were to happen to Mommy in that process.

But we were vividly reminded on Tuesday that our safety truly is in the Lord's hands as I went to retrieve the mail and found a crumpled mailbox sitting on the ground. Abundant evidence indicates that a vehicle dramatically lost control while rounding the curve and took out our mailbox (along with multiple other things) in the path of its demise.

We are very very thankful that neither of us were there to witness it up close.

So thank you, Lord, for helping us
safely cross the road to collect the mail.
Help us not to take that for granted.
:::
The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord:
and He delighteth in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down:
for the Lord upholdeth him with His hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

3 comments:

Robin said...

" Very Thankful! "

Peggy said...

Oh my Jenny. How grateful we can be for the Lord's protection each and every day.

Love you.

Bethany said...

What a wonderful reminder that God is watching over us at all times.