Monday, November 23, 2009

2 days . . . 4 inches

And this is why we water proof the basement. Yes, our house is far out of reach of our creek, but 4+ inches of rain in less than 2 days tends to leave things slightly waterlogged. Our creek is adequate testimony to the great quantity of rain we received.

Actually, things are still pretty waterlogged nearly two weeks later. We had just a couple hours of rain yesterday afternoon, but because the ground is saturated, the roads and creeks looked like it had been raining for a couple of days again. I was very thankful for the Lord's protection though as a I hydroplaned for the first time ever on the way to church last night. It's an experience I hope to never repeat! I think it was about ten minutes before my heart settled into its normal pace again!

3 comments:

JR said...

Praise the Lord for good water drainage...and water protection for the house! :)

Peggy said...

Whoe!! I'm so thankful that the Lord protected you with that hydroplaning incident. It is a scary feeling to not have control of your car, even for just a couple seconds.

Delighted Hands said...

You might not need snow tires any more but you do need good tires because of hydroplaning! Glad all is well.