Here's "Mommy's" heat: a wonderfully convenient electric space heater which Great G&G L. sent down for us with G&G M last week. Thank you! It's wonderful, and it keeps our entire kitchen/dining/living room space warm and toasty with just the push of a button!

And here's "Daddy's" heat: his Great-Grandfather's wood stove, which Grandpa used for many years and has now installed here for our use. Thanks, Grandpa!
Looking at it after Grandpa's paint job, you'd never know it's probably close to a 100 years old!
Here's a couple pictures of the chimney pieces he custom-constructed. We were looking for minimal cost outlay, so one of the basement windows has now been replaced with this piece.
Here's the process of getting the chimney installed . . .
And the final product:
I must say, the basement couch is now the coziest place in the house on a cool evening. :o) This Mommy needs to learn how to manage a woodstove though if we're going to get the full benefit of Grandpa's labor of love . . . I do know what to do if it starts burning too hot, but I haven't learned how to actually start it. Well, I know in theory what you're supposed to do, but somehow theory and practice don't always mesh real well. Especially when it comes to fires. :o) At least for me. It's kind of like trying to tell me how to get somewhere I've never been before without giving me a map (and preferably Google Satellite images as well). It doesn't work. Period. :o) But if you show me, I can learn. :o)


2 comments:
You guys always some have some fun quirk or another going on at your house! :)
Even with the recent rain you have had some cool enough evenings to enjoy this wood stove!
Post a Comment