Sunday, December 14, 2014

Jenny's Christmas Popcorn

My gift to you this Christmas season ...
my recipe for simple yet special teacher and neighbor gifts. :)

Jenny's Christmas Popcorn


Ingredients:

  • Orville Redenbacher's white popcorn
  • canola oil (for popping the corn)
  • Aldi's Vanilla Almond Bark ($2.69 for 1.5 lbs)
  • salt
  • sprinkles
  • treat bags (if gifting)


Here's the easy directions ... it's just three steps. 
  1. Pop the popcorn.
  2. Melt the chocolate.
  3. Mix. 
However, every time I give that recipe, people ask for more details. So here they be ...
(And remember ... you didn't come here for my food photography skills!) ;)

1. Pop the popcorn. 

I use a Stir Crazy popcorn maker like this one. I use about 1/2 to 2/3 cup kernels per batch. 

2. Melt the chocolate. 

I use about 5-6 cubes for one batch of popcorn. Drop the cubes in a glass bowl and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after each round. It usually takes about two minutes for the chocolate to become smooth. 




3. Mix. 

I usually work with half the batch at a time. I lightly salt the popcorn at this point.

Then drizzle with melted chocolate and stir until evenly coated. Add a little more chocolate if necessary. :)

Spread the coated popcorn on wax paper and while the chocolate is still warm, add colored sprinkles. Just for fun. :)


Once the chocolate has cooled, gently break it apart and put it in pretty treat bags. I get about 5-6 bags from each batch of popcorn. Dollar Tree has a nice selection of treat bags--25 for $1.

And that's it! :) 
Enjoy. :)

No comments: