Tuesday, October 21, 2014

365Project.2014 | Weeks 40-43

We're back! :) Life's a wee bit busy in these parts, with sleep being a rare and valuable commodity. 

If you've ever played "Settlers of Catan,"
our "sleep" seems to be about an 11 ...
it comes up occasionally,
but not as often as one might desire. ;)
(Janie, will you settle on the 11's, please?
They always come up more often when you settle there ...)

Gaming analogies aside, we had a great time camping, and I had tons of fun going back through the pictures. :) And for those who wonder at our sanity in taking a two-month-old camping, let me set your minds at ease ... 
  1. Yes, we are a wee bit crazy ... life's more fun that way. ;)
  2. I'm nursing. We did NOT have to try to juggle bottles, formula, etc.
  3. Abby loves the Moby Wrap. 
  4. We were camping with our friends who have older children.
  5. Abby loves the Moby Wrap.
  6. Babies sleep (or not) about as well in a camper as they do at home. 
  7. Abby L.O.V.E.S. the Moby Wrap. 

275. Van all loaded up. Oh, we took Toby along with us for the first time, too. :) And yes, she enjoyed it, and came back thoroughly worn out. :)

We decided to let Peter sleep in a tent this trip to help alleviate the hassle of setting up/taking down the table bed each day. It was definitely helpful! :) (He had a cot that kept him off the ground, so he was not sleeping on the gravel.)


Daddy didn't mind setting up a "bug-free" zone for Abby. :) Thankfully, this first day was really the only day we had much trouble at all with bugs.


276. Hannah and Abby hanging out in Mommy's new chair! :) (Special gift from Daddy ♥)

Friday morning started off with a bit of rain, so we hung out in the camper with Dominoes while we waited for the skies to clear and our friends to arrive. :)

Abby didn't mind one bit! :)

And then we all went exploring! :) This was a great campground for hiking (and we did a lot of it!) None of the trails were particularly difficult or steep ... more rambling, but the river meandering throughout the valley kept things interesting.






After hiking, the mommies hung out at the campsite while the rest of the crew played a special edition of Frisbee golf, accommodating players from 4 to ... well, something more than that. ;)

Some of our crew was more excited than others about what you can discover when you wander around at night with a headlamp ...

277. Saturday brought more hiking. :)

Our combined kiddos, minus three. :)




Abby slept through her first waterfall hike. ;)




This campground had nearly a dozen "Letter Boxes" planted throughout ... searching for them definitely made the hiking more interesting. :)


And led us to more beautiful places!



After 5+ hours, I was glad to let Amanda take a turn carrying Abby. :)

And she wasn't one bit the worse for wear with her long day in the woods. :)

278. Sunday morning was a bit ... brisk. ;) Let's just say that that fire was not started for roasting marshmallows. :)

Thankfully plenty of layers and a small heater in the camper kept things reasonably comfortable.

279. Monday was "Mommy Catch-Up Day" (along with a check-up for Abby and dentist appointments for the older three.). The big kids kept themselves busy with painting. :)

280. School days ... Abby helps Mommy grade papers ... ;)

281. Love those big eyes! ♥ She's also started sucking her hands ...

282. Daddy brought home a fall flower arrangement for Mommy ... just because. ♥

283. Unexpected side-effect of Friday's family movie night with a premier showing of Disney's "Robin Hood"?  The boys designed bows and arrows from K'nex the next morning. :)

Saturday afternoon had us going in multiple directions ...

Hannah attended her friend's birthday party ... 

While Miss Beth watched the rest of the crew and Mommy and Daddy went to a play. SO thankful for our monthly babysitting with Miss Beth!

Later that evening Daddy loaded up the boys when he went to pick up Hannah and gave Mommy a few minutes of quiet time to sew while Abby slept. Ahhhh.

284. Abby with her big brother :)

285. Meet Matthew the Cowboy. :)

286. Love you, too, Sweet Pea! ♥ I must admit that I was rather sad to have to put this outfit away this weekend. I think we need something similar in every size ... or at least the next couple sizes. It's so helpful to pull it out when we're having a rougher day or Mommy's running on more caffeine than sleep ... ;)

287. Matthew's alphabet train!

288. As if we didn't have enough conversations already, Abby's already adding her two cents with sweet, happy baby sounds. :) She loves "talking" to this giraffe on her swing.

289. Multitasking at it's best! :) (Daddy tried, but Abby was a little more particular this evening.)

And at 2-1/2 months we finally used the first diaper bought for her by us. So thankful for so many gifts!

290. Saturday was another divide and conquer day. :) The boys painted the shed ...


While the girls went shopping ... and unexpectedly found dishware which we've been needing for 60% off retail! :) So excited and thankful! :)


And that wraps up the last few weeks. :) Some days are definitely more challenging than others, but I'm thankful for my camera which helps me remember the blessings when I'm feeling a bit buried by the challenges. :) I'm also thankful for the grace God gives every. single. day.
:::
For we have a high priest [Jesus, the Son of God,]
who is able to sympathize with our weaknesses. ... 
Let us then with confidence 
draw near to the throne of grace,
that we may receive mercy
and find grace to help
in time of need.
:::
Hebrews 4:15-16

6 comments:

JR said...

Hey, I rock those 11s. I'll happily settle on them in hopes that sleep will occur more frequently for you. :) Camping looked like fun! You're not too crazy to take a 2 month old camping...at least you weren't sleeping in a tent! And I love seeing K's clothes on sweet Abby.

cj and family said...

Yes, camping was fun! :) and I totally understand ... I love seeing Hannah's clothes on Katherine! :) Cousin share is the best!!!

Peggy said...

Love all the pictures of the fun and beautiful scenery while you were camping. Almost makes me think I might have to try it with you guys. Wait!!! I think I need to check my temperature. Surely I am sick! :-D Or at the least, Grandpa will have to consent to renting a much bigger camper. ;-)

Robin said...

Camping with friends is always
fun!

cj and family said...

:) We're game if you are... But we like your style of "camping" too ... ;)

Peggy said...

Can't say as I disagree, Jenny.