Sunday, November 17, 2013

365Project.2013 | Week 46

In looking over our pictures this week, I'm realizing how small a picture just one photo a day paints. Our days are SO full. But, I guess that's why I do this--over the course of a year or so, most of the aspects of our days and weeks get captured. Just assume that most of the "ordinary" pictures tend to repeat themselves on a daily basis. :)
 
This week's been especially interesting. The Lord has taught us much--it's been quite a journey. :)
But for now, on to the pictures we took ...
 
Day 315. The kids were so excited to empty our "backpack" and send the money we saved for Bible Clubs in India. :) Mommy rejoiced to see their enthusiasm. ♥
 

I l.o.v.e. the fact that Hannah is eager to include her brothers in her cooking adventures! ♥  Kinda wonder how they managed to get chocolate in. his. EAR. (?!?!?), but some of things are simply best left unanswered ... ;)


Day 316. The sunset Tuesday evening was incredible! Peter was outside biking and called me outside three different times to make sure I didn't miss it. :)

And ... the boys enjoyed helping Daddy hang drywall! :) Our closet is coming ... :)

Day 317. Peter lost his very first tooth! :)

Day 318. Ummm ... yeah. Moving on ...

Day 319. I think I have nearly the same exact picture from about three years ago ... the bread maker has yet to lose its fascination. :)

Matthew had fun learning to make Challah. :)

And the highlight of our week ... dinner with our Pastor and his family. ♥ We do love them!!! ♥

Day 320. And then, what the Lord has been teaching us. To trust Him. And to wait on Him.

We've known we wanted to get a piano for a while now, but certain phases of house renovations needed to be completed before we had space for it. And then we needed to save some pennies ... lots of pennies actually. And then we needed to find a piano.

THAT was the harder piece of the puzzle, and a couple weeks ago we started actively searching for it. Many late nights researching, learning lots of new terms ... the definitions of acoustic, spinet, and console being just a few!, long phone calls with salesmen, good conversations with friends who blessed us with their time in sharing their knowledge, deciding on digital vs. acoustic, hours scouring Craigslist, multitudes of emails asking the questions people didn't feel the need to answer in their ads, a big disappointment when the piano we thought was to be ours was sold to someone else ...

And I'll be honest. Even as many times as the Lord has shown Himself abundantly faithful and clearly guided us in our purchase of a large ticket item, I was having a hard time trusting Him with this piano business. But I kept praying ... and praying and searching and praying and praying and searching ... and He once again proved Himself faithful. Saturday evening He led us to our piano. We are so thankful and glad!

And just another one of His good gifts? This piano is being sold by a piano tuner who will be delivering it as well, so I didn't have to go to the trouble of lining up separate people for delivery and tuning. :) We are rejoicing!! :) I am thoroughly looking forward to getting my hands back on the keys ... limited though my skills may be ... and we are EXCITED that Hannah will begin piano lessons in January. :) Exciting stuff! :)

 
And that my friends, is a glimpse (just a glimpse!) of our week. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Probably the easiest explanation would include an itching ear and chocolate covered fingers.

pmartens616 said...

Gotta laugh...moving on. :-) And as big a grin as Peter generally has, he doesn't look that happy about losing his tooth! Aww.

Marsel said...

Hooray for starting piano lessons! :) Music brings so much joy to our house, and I am sure it will bring just as much to yours!

Be forewarned, though, that there will be some days that you will have to remind yourself how thankful you are to have a piano in your home...like when you have heard a piano recital song for the eight-zillionth time leading up to the big day...or when the kids learn how to play "Heart & Soul" but can't quite manage to keep both parts at the same tempo... ;)