Yes. Four weeks. In one post. Why? Because these last four weeks have been crammed full to the brim and at this point I am honestly just about exhausted and if I didn't post them all at once, I probably wouldn't post them at all, since on top of everything else, carpet gets installed tomorrow and we leave for vacation in 54 53 hours. So. Enjoy yet another whirlwind. :)
Day 147. Concurrent activities in our household of five? Spray painting, lawn mowing, napping, and sprinkler playing. If I had my druthers, I'd take a nap, but in order to keep my hubby moving forward in the basement, I undertook the yard. It's rather bumpy. And I've now mowed it twice and have managed to break something (thankfully, fixable) both times I've taken the job. I think my hubby will be glad for the basement project to be done so that he can mow the yard again and preserve the lawn mower. ;) Hannah and Peter were most definitely happily occupied. :)
Day 148. "Can I play, too, Daddy?" Can you? Not really. May you? Gladly. :)
Day 149. Over the course of about three days, we strategically placed the rocks Peter had gathered a week or so earlier to finish our landscaping edging. We priced rocks from a lawn & garden center ... something in the neighborhood of $200. Definitely worth the time and effort to collect them from our own property!
Day 150. Funny thing about doors. It's best if the walls are painted before they get hung. Well, I can't hang doors (at least, not yet!), but I can paint.
So paint I did. about 5–6 hours worth. (Funny thing about tinted primer--the final coat isn't nearly so impressive.) ;) The kids helped a bit, played outside for a while, and then enjoyed a Thomas the Train movie marathon.
Day 151. And then the next day we spent the morning playing games ... like go-fish with Thomas the Train. Yep. He's a rather popular engine around here.
Day 152. Two doors installed. Room returned to rights.
Day 153. Chalk fun ...
Day 154. Hop scotch! :)
Day 155. Flowers ready for a blessing visit ...
Day 156. My inspired artists hard at work after seeing walls covered with paintings the previous day ...
Day 157. Daddy's trucks are just as much fun for his boys as they were for him and his brother. :)
Day 158. Of course, one cannot neglect to celebrate National Doughnut Day. :)
Day 159. Hannah's room-to-be, now emptied of stuffage, is ready to have the closet drywalled in!
The last of the basement drywall is hung!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!
Day 160. Good-byes are never fun, but we're excited for our friends' new ministry in California!
Day 161. We had nearly two. straight. weeks. of rain. That made for lots of puddles. And cooped up kiddos. So we decided to put the two together. No big surprise, it was a winning combination! :)
Day 162. Sunshine! Parks, here we come! :)
And swimming lessons!
Day 163. The
While Peter and Mommy attacked the vines. With some follow-up efforts a few days later, it actually looks like people live here again. :)
Day 164. Met some friends at another park!
Day 165. Hannah and Peter had their first Guppy Swim Meet ... lots of fun!! They both did great, and each came first in one of their races! :)
Peter and his coach ...
Swimming hard with a spotter right next to him ...
Coach with Hannah ...
Swimming hard and coming up for air ... :)
Day 166. Why yes, we are back in the basement. Again. Priming trim board this time. While Daddy was hanging more doors and mudding/sanding the drywall in Hannah's room.
Not surprisingly, Hannah found some treasures with the extra time she's had to study the labels on the boxes in the storage room. Meet Pioneer Hannah. :)
Day 167. Happy Fathers' Day! ♥
Day 168. Daddy left Monday morning for a work conference in Florida ...
And rice-krispy ice cream cones as a special treat to compensate for the disappointment of swim lessons canceled due to thunder storms ...
Day 170. Along with Daddy being out of town, Hannah and Peter were attending art camp in the mornings, so Mommy and Matthew primed those nicely sanded walls while Hannah and Peter were away ...
Day 171. And almost before we realized he'd been gone four days, it was 9:11 PM, and Daddy was due home at 10:00. Yikes. Things were rather tornadoish.
So Mommy put on her "Super Mommy!" cape and her sneakers and raced around like a mad woman for the next 46 minutes. Things looked significantly better at 9:57. :)
Day 172. Why yes ... yes, we are in the basement. Again. Did I mention that this has been the month of the basement? This picture totally did not capture the color of Hannah's room, but it's a beautiful pale lavender! Once of my favorite room colors ever! :)
And here's Peter lending his assistance to install yet. another. door. Not counting closets, there were s.e.v.e.n. doors to be installed in the basement. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7. Yep. Seven. That's a lot of doors.
We had a brief break from the basement to pick up Hannah and Peter's art projects and explore just a little bit ...
Here's what Matthew thinks of the basement project ...
Day 173. I grew up attending pot-luck dinners at church ... now we attend pitch-in dinners. :)
Day 174. Oh yeah. We have a garden. That thing that's been growing weeds while we worked in the basement. And went to swimming lessons. And played at the park. And cleaned up the creek. And worked in the basement. It's been growing some great weeds.
I am SO thankful for my helpers!!! We filled FOURTEEN grocery bags of weeds. And they were troopers. Especially Hannah! She LOVES picking the produce, but she totally hung in there for the long morning of weeding and kept pace with Mommy the whole way! (She and I did six bags each and Peter did two.)
Matthew played on the wood pile. The garden is safer that way. ;)
However, along with the weeds, it has finally started producing ... produce!!!
We thoroughly enjoyed our tilapia with honey-balsamic glaze and fresh from the garden veggies lightly stir-fried in olive oil. Delicious!!!
Day 175. Deadlines are a wonderful thing. Carpet gets installed tomorrow. Stair molding gets finished tonight. :)
And that's what we've been up to.
I know why I'm tired.
And I am looking forward to vacation. :)
And we're also most definitely looking forward to being able to move the kids downstairs to their new bedrooms! :)
Hopefully I'll be back again before the end of July.
I know why I'm tired.
And I am looking forward to vacation. :)
And we're also most definitely looking forward to being able to move the kids downstairs to their new bedrooms! :)
Hopefully I'll be back again before the end of July.






































































4 comments:
Great progress! Enjoy your much deserved vacation!
Thanks, Bethany! :)
Love your blog post! Landscaping looks nice! Mud puddles & swimming
fun!!!!! Cute pioneer girl!
Garden looks yummy! :)
Post a Comment