While a distance of 700+ miles makes celebrating Easter with our own families rather difficult, we were incredibly blessed by our dear friends being able to join us this year!
We won't see them again for a while, as they left early the next morning for 2+ months of deputation meetings out west. (If you or your church would be interested in supporting a wonderful missionary family to Brazil, let me know!) ♥
While Sarah and I made preparations for the egg hunt, Daniel occupied the kiddoes ... away from the back windows. :)
Dinner is served! (A slow cooker in a wonderful thing!)
And then it was time for our 2nd Annual Egg Hunt ... so much fun! :)
And long after the other kids had moved on to tree climbing and the like, this young man continued to sit ... thoroughly entranced by his collection of chocolates. Completely oblivious to the world around him, he carefully opened one egg after another and oh so efficiently stuffed his mouth with each piece of chocolate he found. Sarah and I were about ten feet away and could do nothing but giggle as we watched him. #toocute #onceayear
About four chocolates into his feast he realized he was being watched. I think he was concerned that we might try to share some of his loot ... ;)
SO thankful for the joy and blessings of this special day!















3 comments:
His face definitely looks like he was afraid you were going to take his chocolate away. Too funny. :-)
Last year we did an egg hunt at the Harvey's. Not this year. Too cool and definitely rainy. *sigh*
And if you were here for Easter, I would have had to make a chicken breast for you, because Easter needs ham. And it was Very good. ;-)
It's nice to have friends who can be fill-in family, isn't it?!
I think I make that same face when somebody eyes my chocolate, too! :)
Post a Comment