Monday, April 22, 2013

365Project.2013 | Weeks 14–15

This Mommy has been very busy as of late with simply being ...
a Mommy.
Imagine that. :)
The change of seasons, some extra ministry opportunities, and some rather intense work weeks for Daddy have all contributed, but mostly it's simply because we have three healthy, energetic, busy blessings running around our house. I am blessed. And very tired at the end of the days. In fact, tired enough that my pillow is rather more appealing than a computer screen. And thus the blog has had to wait. Thanks for your patience. :)
 
Day 92. Matthew was rather proud of the crab he made with his Imaginets! :)

Day 93. Sprouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep. I'm pretty excited about them. :)

Day 94. A kind teacher introduced Peter to Firecat when he was about 3-1/2. She was gracious enough to read him what became his favorite book every. single. day. for months, and before long he could "read" it to all of us. Well, it's been tucked away for a couple of years now, and he no longer has it memorized, but he's incredibly excited to be READING it for real! Woo-hoo!!!!!! :D

Day 95. So. If our sun was approximately the size of a soccer ball, our Galaxy would wrap around our yard nearly three times. In case you were wondering. :)

And on that journey through our Galaxy, you'd probably discover some incredibly beautiful things. Wild baby's breath among them.

Day 96. We were delighted to oblige Pepsi's desire to cater the brand loyalty of up and coming six year olds. :) We were also blessed by an incredibly profitable yard sale morning. For $20, I purchased
  • a scooter for Peter's birthday ($3)
  • a full-height white bookshelf in excellent condition ($12)
  • a "night stand" on casters for which I have PLANS ($2)
  • hanging vertical closet shelves, canvas ($2)
  • a birthday plate with cute polkadots (50 cents)
  • a puzzle for Matthew (50 cents)

After our morning out and about, Mommy launched into flowers. We had huge daffodil clumps that I've been forgetting to split each year. Well, I decided that THIS was THE day. I learned afterwards I probably should have waited another month. Hopefully they'll survive.

Nonetheless, Peter and I dug and transplanted approximately 200+ bulbs. Let me tell you, that's a lot of bulbs. I was very glad for my young man's proficiency with a pick ax. We lined the entire lower driveway with bulbs, gave some to friends, and then began looking for totally new locations--we settled on the back of the house. :)

We also planted some gladiola bulbs I bought on a whim at the grocery store because they reminded me of happy days spent with my grandparents and visiting my great-grandparents. I learned that the beautiful flower beds I remember from my childhood were the result of annually digging up and replanting upwards of 3,000 bulbs. That is really a lot of bulbs. :)

While Peter and I were digging bulbs and Daddy was tilling the garden, Hannah and Matthew explored the creek. This picture sums it up:

We do dirt.

Day 97. We work hard, and we play hard around here.

Day 98. Matthew will venture just about anywhere with Toby and just about nowhere without her.

Day 99. It was a total riot watching Chris introduce the kids to the age old hand-stacking-slapping game! (And you may notice the clothing-covered couch in the background--90 degrees demanded a change from long sleeves and jeans!)


Day 100. Loving the beautiful weather and taking school work outside to enjoy it! :)
 ♥

Day 101. One of the neat things about our property is watching the trees transition from bare branches to fuzzy green--in another week this same slope will be filled with the bright green leaves of spring, but right now, they're just starting to peep out.

Day 102. And while the leaves are just starting to make an appearance, the phlox is in full color!

Day 103. When Daddy's obligations kept him busy through Saturday, Mommy decided to brave a Spring Festival alone with her munchkins. We had a great time!
 
And that brings us right up to the launching of birthday month with Matthew's birthday on day 104. Considering, however, that I was up till midnight last night getting ready for Peter's birthday today and it's now past 11 p.m., I think I would do well to heed the sound of my pillow's call, so those pictures will have to wait. :) At least they're off my camera and onto the computer ...
 


3 comments:

pmartens616 said...

Your daffodils remind me of my iris. I looked at them the other day and realized I had also better do some dividing and replanting. They are becoming quite the mass of bulbs. I also remember PapPap's rows and rows of gladiolas. They were beautiful.

Marsel said...

I love the picture of you holding...now I forget which boy it was -- a dirty one, anyway. :)

I still chuckle over Toby being a "her"!

Robin said...

Your flowers are beautiful!!!
My daffodils are trying to bloom.
Our spring has been so cold &
rainy.