Special greetings to my Grandma and Grandpa who I am sure have been about to call me more than once over the last few weeks to find out when they were going to have some new pictures of their great-grands! :) Here they be! :) Updating this today is my gift to you. ♥
It's been a very. full. December. Just about a month ago, Chris' work schedule changed dramatically. Rather than 8am-5pm(ish), he's now working 4am-1pm(ish). He goes to bed at 8pm and gets up at 3am. And the first few weeks were hard. I like schedules, and ours got turned upside down. Nuff said. We're definitely starting to get used to it though, and overall, it's been a good change on multiple fronts. Other than that, we've simple been busy with Christmas preparations and activities. So, here's a glimpse of our whirlwind month ...
Day 338. If one is going to eat a Christmas tree, one might as well begin at the top ...
Day 339. I love SC. December 4 and this young lady did her math outside in bare feet. :)
Day 340. Matthew was very excited to add his own handmade ornament to the Christmas tree!
Day 341. Shall we say, "Crayola?" I deemed this "out of my comfort zone" thrift store sweater a success when Hannah exclaimed upon seeing me, "Wow, Mommy! You look pretty! You look just like a rainbow!" ♥ I bought it because I knew the kids would like it. :)
Day 342. Art class ... still life.
Day 343. First day of unlinking the paper chain which is swiftly giving up the ghost! (As of today, there are four links left before Christmas!) :)
Thoroughly enjoyed our Annual Church Christmas Dinner!
Day 344. Wow. This Sunday most definitely brought the unexpected ... and undeserved. We were overwhelmed by the generosity and love of "The Blessing Family" (our nickname for this precious family/individual), and it looked like Christmas from grandparents in our home. Words really cannot express the blessing they gave us ... exceeding greatly beyond the packages.
Day 345. What a fun "field trip"! We traveled about 3 hours to join my friend in celebrating her twins' 3rd birthday. The unpictured element of this day was the GPS loaned by a friend from church which totally removed the navigational stress of the trip! What a blessing!
Hannah enjoyed meeting a new friend--a fellow homeschooler in 3rd grade. :) (She also managed to create about a dozen beaded keychains on the drive ... one of her gifts from The Blessing Family!) :)
Day 346. Peter wore his new tool gear from the time he got up till he went to bed for nearly a week straight. :)
Day 347. We discovered that Matthew is fully capable of pulling the wheelbarrow out from behind the shed and pushing it all the way up the driveway!
Day 348. Our budding reader discovered a new story ... in his new tool gear of course. :)
He was also quite excited about winning the Publix cookie of the month! :)
Day 349. What a blessing it was to celebrate Hanukkah with our Jewish friend from church! Thank you, Grant!
Day 350. One of my best 30ish minute investments of the season ... ten wrapped Christmas books for the ten days before Christmas!
Book #1 yields it's wrappings!
Day 351. The Children's Choir sang "Away in a Manger" this evening ... what a blessing! So thankful for their teachers who work with them each week! Peter in particular made me smile--he stood still (major accomplishment for that young man) and sang loud and clear ... and more than slightly off key. ;) (Thankfully no one minds that too much when you're 5.) :)
Day 352. Daddy and Peter have been making progress in the basement ... one of the benefits of Chris' new schedule.
Subfloor is down, paint coming up next!
Day 353. The big kids have discovered the joys of exploring the woods. :)
Day 354. This young lady is to be thanked for stuffing, licking, return-addressing, and stamping all of our Christmas cards! Many thanks, Pumpkin! You are a blessing to your Mommy! ♥
Day 355. And today. Matthew decided he wanted his lizard up a bit higher on the tree ...
Hannah decided to do some candy cane washing ...
Peter enjoyed his candy cane in 5-yr-old fashion ...
And Matthew was simply cute ...
We have four days remaining till Christmas and as of yet, not one gift is wrapped, but I have been thoroughly enjoying my munchkins. I am so thankful for them, and events in the last week have made realize how carefully I must treasure the precious gift of each day I am given with them.



















.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)











4 comments:
I had to take notes, there were so many pictures I wanted to comment on. So hear goes, it's my own blog! Sort of.
1. You must eat Christmas tree cookies from the top down. It eliminates those pesky needles as they fall into your lap.
2. Yep. Definitely a crayola sweater.
3. Matthew, that wheelbarrow is way bigger than you are! Kind of like Chris's truck next to Grandpa's big trucks.
4. That tool gear is very cool, Peter. Now you are properly equipped as supervisor on all future projects.
5. Hannah, you look beautiful in the choir picture.
6. Did you sneak that chair to the tree without your Mommy looking Matthew? I'll admit, it's much handier than a ladder.
7. Because all candy canes get wet at some point, so this seems like a good idea to me.
8. Peter + candy cane = ROFL!
I guess that's it. See you soon. Can't wait.
I love how many times the blue helmet showed up in these pictures! :)
What a wonderful post full of wonderful things!
Glad everyone is adjusting to the crazy hours...I am sure you are grateful for the way God is providing in this economic time!
Merry Christmas!
I'm glad you went out of your comfort zone to buy that sweater. I love it! Peter's incessant wearing of his tool gear cracks me up!
Post a Comment