Sunday afternoon naps. I'm not a big fan. Rare is the day that I wake up refreshed. So I generally ignore heavy eyelids and relax with a blog update. (Yep. I find it relaxing.) But this Sunday even toothpicks would not accomplish the goal. We saw the wee hours of the morning for various and sundry reasons, and I knew sleep would be essential if I was going to make it through the rest of the week. So, sleep I did. And blog I did not. ;) For those who missed my post, that be the reason why. For those who didn't, it's okay. :)
Day 260. This was a rather random shot, but my hubby made me laugh as I walked into the kitchen and found his grinning face pressed against the kitchen window, a feat which requires standing on the carport roof. Once he accomplished his goal of making me laugh, he wandered off. As I continued watching out the window it struck me that I should never once ever wonder why my boys like to walk on the stone walls. For the record, they do NOT (yet) walk on these walls (about a 10 foot drop on the other side ...)
.jpg)
Day 261. During the night, we were visited by a giant with a 24-inch foot! When I asked Peter what he thought the giant looked like, he proudly exclaimed, "Me!" :) Yep. My young man likes to dig holes. And thus, he digs. Just. because. And laughs all the way through Ruth Krauss' book, A Hole is to Dig.
Day 262. Much rejoicing this evening! Missions for Kids (TM) has been nearly a ten year project. It's a four year children's church curriculum, and Year 4 and Year 1 are now "publishing-ready" (minus getting some permissions resolved.) Years 2 and 3 are written, but need some formatting updates. My goal is to have it ready for sale by the end of 2012. Praying. And needing to give it some focused time.
Day 263. So if I share the last piece of popcorn with Daddy, does it make up for eating the majority of the preceding pieces? ;)
Day 264. Yet another edition of random yard ornaments. :) Actually, we discovered a significant amount of mold in the basement this week. Sigh. Thankfully, however, our neighbor specializes in mold remediation, and we were able to get some clear answers about resolving the problem. In the meantime, we went for the natural method, i.e. sunshine. And, oh yeah, hard work. Thankful that God is not surprised by these things. And given Chris' work load, we're very thankful that our neighbor's method requires significantly less hands-on time than ours did.
Day 265. We are thoroughly enjoying the beautiful fall weather! :) (And eagerly anticipating the exodus of the local mosquito population ...) ;)
And such be a few of the pieces of our life. :)
Thankful that God's grace is sufficient for both the big and the little challenges.
Thankful that God's grace is sufficient for both the big and the little challenges.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

6 comments:
Are you sure you want the last piece of popcorn Daddy? Because I'll eat it if you want. No really, I don't mind.
Ha, ha, Mom! :)
Never boring, right?!
I'm seriously thinking about doing the 365 project for my blog next year, thanks to inspiration from yours! Even the random pictures capture the year and will help you remember better. And it surely beats the weeks that I let go by without so much as a post. :) Go you for keeping it up!
Hey, that's exciting, Joanna! :) I highly recommend it. :) At this point, I'm planning to keep going. It's been such an easy way to keep up with the daily normalness of life, which really isn't particularly blog-worthy most of the time, but yet, it is our life, and grandparents at least seem to find it appealing. ;) It's been fun! (And it's SO much easier to post just seven pictures ... rather than feeling like you have to post "all" of the "good" ones.) I would get overwhelmed by the sheer number sometimes and just not post.
Looks like big foot came to visit
you!
Post a Comment