Praise the Lord! No "emergencies" this week (unless you include a twisted pair of eye glasses, but hey, no ER involved there!) :) The days march on, and I am starting to believe that we've actually settled into cooler weather for the season. It's wonderful to wake up to temperatures in the upper-60's, low-70's! :)
Week 2 was better (easier, less stressful) than week 1 of homeschooling, and I've hopes that week 3 will be better yet. We're slowly tweaking our routine, and starting to figure out what works and what doesn't. I'm blessed with good students who catch on quickly, so that definitely makes the teacher's job easier. :) I personally am loving teaching my munchkins. :) It's such a blessing to be HOME and focusing my efforts on these precious souls the Lord has entrusted to us.
Day 232. I was quite excited to discover a purple mushroom in our yard--I had never seen one quite that color before, and it spurred a photo session. Peter and I tramped all over the yard in our Sunday clothes, photographing the rainbow in mushrooms. Lots of fun, and a special memory with my young man! :)
Day 233. Somehow it seems that no matter how hard Mommy tries, Daddy can always give bigger and better pushes. ;) We enjoyed having him home for some evening fun in the yard.
Day 234. Miss Hannah-bug lost her seventh tooth this week! And when tasked with using her imagination to draw herself in a special place, she chose the top of a tree. She dreams of being able to go as high as the squirrels and the birds. :) For this same project, Peter drew himself in an army helicopter. :)
Day 235. Speaking of airplanes, Peter and Matthew spent the better part of an hour this week enjoying Daddy's album of airshow pictures.
Day 236. 8:12 a.m. as Mommy is preparing breakfast: "Mommy! You have got to come outside. I have a surprise for you! And bring. your. camera." Who can resist an invitation like that? :) Not this Mommy. :)
Peter had discovered a cool yellow mushroom and knew that I would be excited to see it. What he doesn't know is how much more Mommy enjoyed the fact that he had found something special and wanted to share it with me. :)
For those who are interested though, the underside of this mushroom was amazingly bright! And no, we did not add it to breakfast. ;)
Day 237. Waving good-bye to Daddy as he heads off to work ...
Day 238. It delighted this Mommy's heart to watch Hannah sweetly and patiently helping Matthew learn how to paint this Saturday. We brought out the paints so that Peter could paint a rock for his snail he had buried earlier in the week, and I was multi-tasking between him and dinner, so supervising Matthew really wasn't feasible. I gave Hannah permission to paint, but realizing how much Matthew wanted to paint as well, she actually spent most of the time helping him. What a joy to see my little lady practice putting others first without being told to do so. ♥
Such are the snippets of everyday life in these parts.
I'm thankful for them.
And thankful for Project 365
which is helping me remember and document them.
And thankful for those of you are following me in this journey. :)
I'm thankful for them.
And thankful for Project 365
which is helping me remember and document them.
And thankful for those of you are following me in this journey. :)









5 comments:
Uneventful weeks are usually the best of all. :)
I laughed at the drawing scenario...that still describes my kids precisely, even though they're older than yours by a few years. David's drawings are still mostly about explosions and weapons (etc) and Abigail's are always a flight of fancy involving animals, fairies, princesses, etc. Having both facets represented in one family makes it especially fun!
Sounds like a good week of discoveries! How did you do that mushroom collage? I really like it! (If you click on my name you can email me your response)
Sounds like a wonderful week. The kids look like if they go any higher they will go over the top of the swing! :-) Did you have to rename a snail L.I.B.Y.? If you don't remember what that stands for, think of R.C.
;-)
Sadly, Mom, we did. He was the victim of a slip during the tender ministrations of a 5-year-old. :}
These are the kind of memories that will stay with you the longest-just a wonderful week I would say!
Post a Comment